90 posts in this topic

G'day Guys, My name is Roman. I am currently 15 and have recently purchased a 1995 Ford XG Outback Ute. It is a 5 speed manual white and I'm new to Ozfalcon but I am very passionate to get involved with similar builds and if anyone knows anything about these that may come handy with all means let me know!

Optimized-IMG_27012017_191428.png

IMG_27012017_191705_0-min.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gday Roman,
@Outback Jack is the resident expert on the outback model..

they are quite rare, so don't go messing it up too much.. resist the urge to do the "P plater thing"

i always wanted an evil twin of My XF..  one that was a reliable daily and another that was lowered, modified etc but looked similar..

 

Edited by deankdx
buy an evil twin to modify..
Outback Jack and Ando81 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, deankdx said:

Gday Roman,
@Outback Jack is the resident expert on the outback model..

they are quite rare, so don't go messing it up too much.. resist the urge to do the "P plater thing"

i always wanted an evil twin of My XF..  one that was a reliable daily and another that was lowered, modified etc but looked similar..

 

Haha sure thing Deankdx, definitely not gonna have the urge for the "P plater thing", Gonna give her a nice tidy up and get the alloy bar powdercoated black for some reason it's not black, she does have a dent jus behind the passenger door from a roo while the previous owner had it but otherwise ugly seet covers and shit spotties are coming off and will post once it gets a nice clean up and some love. Cheers  P.S next project is a Xf BNS Ute for the "P Plater thing" haha

Outback Jack and deankdx like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ando81 said:

Cool ute mate, couldn't agree more that Jack is the guru on outback utes on here. Can't wait to see you personalise it to the way you want it emoji1303.png

Won't be long hopefully, got a few ideas but trying to keep original as possible and preserve a little part of ozzi history

 

Outback Jack and Ando81 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is a pretty tidy XG Outback mate.... 95 or 96?
How many kms?
Again... Welcome.
Good clean examples are hard to come by.
Don't sweat on the dents too much... they are country utes. Means its honest.
Probably not panel beated because to respray there may require new sticker...
Which dont exist... yet... lol

Are a couple of XG Outback owners here.
If yours is a 96 model it is one of 46 gli utes (base model for all utes) made in total between Jan to end of production at end of March.
So maybe 7-8 of those utes MAX would of been Outbacks.... making it one very rare ute....

Its your thread mate, feel free to share and plenty of good blokes here to give ya a hand if ya get stuck.

Love to see another surviver....

Jack.


Sent from my GT-S7583T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Outback Jack said:

That is a pretty tidy XG Outback mate.... 95 or 96?
How many kms?
Again... Welcome.
Good clean examples are hard to come by.
Don't sweat on the dents too much... they are country utes. Means its honest.
Probably not panel beated because to respray there may require new sticker...
Which dont exist... yet... lol

Are a couple of XG Outback owners here.
If yours is a 96 model it is one of 46 gli utes (base model for all utes) made in total between Jan to end of production at end of March.
So maybe 7-8 of those utes MAX would of been Outbacks.... making it one very rare ute....

Its your thread mate, feel free to share and plenty of good blokes here to give ya a hand if ya get stuck.

Love to see another surviver....

Jack.


Sent from my GT-S7583T
 

Cheers again Jack, went through pretty much all you're posts and caught up and got to know ya a little. She's actually a 95 and shes sitting on 143,000 there abouts at the moment, almost guaranteed to need a new sticker if I get the dent pulled but for now I wont poke it to much, I bought it for a grand and spent 400 to get it trucked down to vic. I actually hadn't taken those photos but soon ill hopefully wip out the camera and get a few better ones. Really love the black rims on your ride considering that look on mine but first priority is to give her a full clean and service and paint bulbar then ill worry about the wheels.

Outback Jack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@hendrixhc , you're xg looks spot on, gonna get a hold of a nice xd or xe and throw all my money at mods and upgrades but gonna need one that I can drive by the cops in and wont get the double flash haha. Thanks man

hendrixhc and Outback Jack like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The old girl looks ok and goes alright but needs a serious power upgrade.

Theres a turbo engine build on the cards when the XE is done.

Outback Jack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Roman.... buddy you scored! 1400.... I paid 3.5K and its worse condition than yours. Lol

Was 5-6 years ago.

 

Yeah those are just stocky rims with hankook 215/75/15 muddies... just fit. Bit of matt paint.. done.

Was just going a different look..... sidepipe to come.

 

They are pretty good utes, just use good oil and filters and check ya codes occassionally... apples.

95 is still a fairly rare ute... all late Outbacks are.

 

We been talking to graphix mob about stickers but they had some production difficulties that would maybe make the sticker fade quicker due to different applications of ink.

Bear with us.

 

Oh, Bullbar is actually powdercoated but powdercoat chips easy.

Maybe ask your painter what he thinks about spraying it in a matt black 2 pac.... that should wear harder me thinks.

 

Jack.

 

Sent from my GT-S7583T

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hendrixhc said:

The old girl looks ok and goes alright but needs a serious power upgrade.

Theres a turbo engine build on the cards when the XE is done.

Should just drop a 5L from the XR8 falcon straight in and give it a tune up and look further into some engine mods. Really love the after market Phase 6 Body kits that are avalible for the falcon utes. Love the cultre of bns utes and have an old XF I bought from a mate and needs a lot of work but ive got plenty of years aye!

envyxf and Outback Jack like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Outback Jack said:

Hey Roman.... buddy you scored! 1400.... I paid 3.5K and its worse condition than yours. Lol

Was 5-6 years ago.

 

Yeah those are just stocky rims with hankook 215/75/15 muddies... just fit. Bit of matt paint.. done.

Was just going a different look..... sidepipe to come.

 

They are pretty good utes, just use good oil and filters and check ya codes occassionally... apples.

95 is still a fairly rare ute... all late Outbacks are.

 

We been talking to graphix mob about stickers but they had some production difficulties that would maybe make the sticker fade quicker due to different applications of ink.

Bear with us.

 

Oh, Bullbar is actually powdercoated but powdercoat chips easy.

Maybe ask your painter what he thinks about spraying it in a matt black 2 pac.... that should wear harder me thinks.

 

Jack.

 

Sent from my GT-S7583T

 

 

 

 

I've admired you're ute a few yeas ago when I first got into the outbacks but always wanted white because being a farm kid every ute is white ya know. Let me know more about the decals due to mine in fairly poor condition. Not sure how the black rims would look with mine but wanting a set or muddies like yours for sure! Cheers

 

Outback Jack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@hendrixhc totally the way to go looks like a serious turbo, My dad brought me up to like the 6cy coz much lighter then the 8s and can tune fairly well if you know what ya doing. i'll keep updated on it for sure.

 

Outback Jack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SPArKy_Dave said:

Sweet looking Outback there dude!...

For all our sakes, please tell me you're gonna name her Juliet? :P

Haha mate, My name is Roman but my mates named me Romeo from a stupid act in primary school and I think the ute actually just got her name ahaha. Will formally introduce you to Juliet now. Outback Juliet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SPArKy_Dave said:

Nice!
Got any under bonnet pics of Juliet for us yet?

I sure do but some reason wont let me upload an image more then 0.02MB so wont let me... anyone know how to fix this issue?

Outback Jack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XGOUTBACKROMEO said:

I'm in Shepparton Region, I'll check it out  might come handy if I can get a spares ute like Jack

long way to go if there's nothing on it left. there are several XG utes at IMLACHS (springvale) if you make a wrecker run day out of it.
both self serve wreckers like pick a part.. bring your tools and do it all yourself like.

Outback Jack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now