Server maintenance Read more... ×
Stu5766

F246 in & running.

I have finished the install of the F246. Finished up taking 25 thou off the heads with chambers of 53cc. 40 thou head gaskets with the slugs 39 thou down the bore. Comp ratio works out about 10.8:1. Cam is degreed in & with .5 of a degree. Hoping for some decent numbers out of the old girl.

th_IMG_2376.mp4

Are you going to dyno it?? I am interested to see how much power it makes. They seem like pretty small chambers now. What volume are the closed chambers standard? I think I have a set in the shed that are around 63cc,

18 minutes ago, Jestr75 said:

Are you going to dyno it?? I am interested to see how much power it makes. They seem like pretty small chambers now. What volume are the closed chambers standard? I think I have a set in the shed that are around 63cc,

It will go on the dyno when I regroup some coin. Chambers started out at 57-58cc. I cc'd them once my engine bloke shaved them & they are 53cc. Pretty much what we were aiming for. Instead of the standard 50tjoy head gaskets, I got the felpro steel o ring type which are 39-40thou. Last time it was on the dyno it had a XE274 cam & about 10:1 compression, it had 272RWHP.

1 minute ago, Jestr75 said:

I am running a similar grind from Comp Cams and have ported open chamber 2v's. Trying to get enough coin together to dyno it in the car as well. 

Where are you located mate? I use Jamie Waterhouse in Penrith NSW. Reasonably priced & he is very knowlagable without being a dick. He tuned mine last time & it pulled 13.3 down the 1/4. He also tuned a mates 393 XC & it just did an 11.5 last week.