```

tyre size?

I currently have 205/70r14 tyres on my Cheviot Turbo's on my '79 XD Fairmont and was trying to find something with a litte bit lower sidewall profile (the 70's are a little bit ballooney if you know what I mean?)

Was thinking of a 205/60 but they are really hard to find in a 14''.

Am happy to go a bit bigger on the width but certainly don't want to go narrower..any suggestions?

195/75/14 is the standard S-pack size, (or 205/70/14)
but as everyone is saying, you'll find 215/65/14's infinitely easier and cheaper to get these days.

It's actually quite hard to find decent 14 inch tyres in any size these days.

Yep. 14" tyres are hard to get & bloody expensive for what they are. I acquired a TS Astra for free the other day. Took it for the electric power steering pump & the brand new 14" tyres on it. They were going to be spares for my 14" falcon rims which also fit my trailer. However the oldman acquired a set of 14 wire wheels for his fairlane, so there go my tyres!

On 05/06/2017 at 0:15 PM, SPArKy_Dave said:

you'll find 215/65/14's infinitely easier and cheaper to get these days.

In Australia maybe..here in New Zealand they are almost impossible to find!

only ones I can find are either Goodyear Assurance (can't find a price) or Maxxis UA603 at $154nzd each!!

18 minutes ago, ``` said:

In Australia maybe..here in New Zealand they are almost impossible to find!

only ones I can find are either Goodyear Assurance (can't find a price) or Maxxis UA603 at $154nzd each!!

Place called tyre shack in Nowra NSW sells 14" & 15" BF Goodrich & Firestone. Freight would probably be costly.

On 05/06/2017 at 10:15 AM, SPArKy_Dave said:

195/75/14 is the standard S-pack size, (or 205/70/14)
but as everyone is saying, you'll find 215/65/14's infinitely easier and cheaper to get these days.

It's actually quite hard to find decent 14 inch tyres in any size these days.

the factory ER70 14. E=200mm,Radail, 70% proflie. funny enough even with the ER70's on my beige XE the speedo still isn't correct LOL.

My beige XE runs Silverstone 215/65R14's, Ride & grip is good. Even in heavy rain down Geelong, held the road nicely.