221XMUTE

Will 250 2v fit on 221 Block

Hi there,im new to this,so please be gentleB),I have recently Purchased a sweet Little XM UTE with a 221/4speed.

My Question is will a 250 2v bolt on to the 221 Block.Any help would be gr8 as i know 0 about 6 cyl fords,ive always had V8s

in the past,so thanx in advance,

Also will a c4 from a 250 fit on the 221?

Xt to xf 6 cylinder (and xp automatic) all have the same bellhousing pattern so yes c4 will fit the 221, the 2v head will fit the 221 and at the same time turn it into a great little engine, I wish I could find a 2v head for a reasonable price for the 250 in my Mrs xp

Wow 221s are rare too. Besides only being made for a couple of years, a lot got cut up to make stroker Holden red motors.

A 221 crank in a crossy would be a sweet engine too.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

If I have a xp200 and was wanting to put a 250 2v  head on,  is it the same and going to fit on ?
It should bolt on, I can't remember if there's any oiling differences in the early pre xflow's compared to the xt and later engines, but comparing head gaskets should be able to tell you pretty fast, there is one downside if it does all work, you will find a decent drop in compression