galapogos01

Tuning your Falcon with a T.I. Performance J3 Chip

Yes and yes mate.  We can do a base tune that will get you close but you will want to dial it in with a Programmer or on a Dyno to get it spot on and make sure it's safe.  Anybody who tells you they can tune a 10psi boosted V8 sight unseen is pulling your leg!

We can also supply fuel system components, BOV etc.  PM/Email/Message us some details for more info.

Cheers,
Jason

Hey Jason,

Looking at a Stage 1 or 2 tune j3 chip.

Can you do a nice tune up for my:

96 Outback ute.
3DAC ecu
3" Pod intake
Stage 1 Crow cam (222825)
9.5-10:1 compression
Head is 94AB with 3 angle valve seats.
MLS-R 1.3mm head gasket.
Extractors into hi-flow exhaust.
Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
5 speed manual T5
3.45 hydratrak diff.

I was looking at getting a 2DAD or 3TBB ecu and just upping the fuel pressure for that but would be interested in what your j3 chip can do.

Cheers, Jason.

Sent from my S21 using Tapatalk

Hey Jason, 

EL XR6 manual ecu on the way. 6TAC

I just ordered one of your Stage 2 j3 chips to suit and provided all the details of my ride.

One thing I'm not clear on. Do I set the base timing to 0 degrees/TDC as per the EL XR6 ecu going into the XG or set it to 10BTDC as per normal ED/XG ecu when the j3 is installed?

Thanks in Advance.

Jason.

On 20/04/2013 at 6:57 PM, galapogos01 said:

Guys,

I've created this thread to keep people up to date with T.I. Performance and our efforts to tune EA-AU Ford Falcon EEC-V and EEC-IVs using widely available software and cost effective hardware.  Our aim is to provide reliable, value for money performance tuning for EA, EB, ED, EF, EL and AU Ford Falcons, both I6 and V8.

For the latest info on the hardware and definitions, see http://www.tiperformance.com.au.  For software, im using TunerPro RT.

scaledh.th.gifchipof.th.jpgwbo2.th.jpgchipprogrammer.th.jpg

If you are not interested in DIY tuning your own car...

I can provide Pre-Programmed J3s, ready to plug into your ECU, which will 'convert' an Auto ECU into Manual, Standard into Tickford/XR6, etc. I also offer Custom Pre-Programmed Chips with tunes 'tweaked' for stock/mild/crazy cams giving much better idle quality, fuel economy, power & AFRs.  I can also disable both smartlock and smartshield for use in engine conversions etc.

If you have any questions about our gear, feel free to fire away!

Cheers,
Jason

Hi jason , I'm planning on upgrading my cam from standard to either stage 2 or stage 3 cam .I'd like torque from around 1000 rpm , I'm just not sure what the difference is between the two cams , how do they idle , the lumpiness the fuel economy etc .I'll also be getting a chip to suit is there a cam/chip packages would I need new valves for the stage 2 ? Is it best to replace my ecu to a el ecu ? I have a 93 eb Fairmont ghia 6 , wide mouth snorkel , redback tri y extractors, hi-flo performance cat 21/2 " mandrel bent exhaust system. Could you reply in layman's terms as this is new to me , cheers 

Edited by Jimebghia
Reminding myself

Hey Jim,

We've chosen grinds for each stage that offer a progressive increase in lumpiness for each stage. If you're looking for a warm cam good for street driving, retaining good economy but with a decent improvement in top end, the Stage 3 would be our recommendation. The product pages for all of our cams show full cam specs if you need more data.

We see better results with the newer ECU and they have better idle and trans control strategies. You will not need to change valve, but springs are a must with a performance cam. Choose the springs linked from the cam page.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Jason