Server maintenance Read more... ×
galapogos01

Tuning your Falcon with a T.I. Performance J3 Chip

Guys,

I've created this thread to keep people up to date with T.I. Performance and our efforts to tune EA-AU Ford Falcon EEC-V and EEC-IVs using widely available software and cost effective hardware.  Our aim is to provide reliable, value for money performance tuning for EA, EB, ED, EF, EL and AU Ford Falcons, both I6 and V8.

For the latest info on the hardware and definitions, see http://www.tiperformance.com.au.  For software, im using TunerPro RT.

scaledh.th.gifchipof.th.jpgwbo2.th.jpgchipprogrammer.th.jpg

If you are not interested in DIY tuning your own car...

I can provide Pre-Programmed J3s, ready to plug into your ECU, which will 'convert' an Auto ECU into Manual, Standard into Tickford/XR6, etc. I also offer Custom Pre-Programmed Chips with tunes 'tweaked' for stock/mild/crazy cams giving much better idle quality, fuel economy, power & AFRs.  I can also disable both smartlock and smartshield for use in engine conversions etc.

If you have any questions about our gear, feel free to fire away!

Cheers,
Jason

Want to get an Electric Thermofan on your EB-ED V8 ECU without having to add a manual switch?  Enable Thermofan control in your ECU with this simple guide and one of our J3 Chips!  If you don't have one of our Programmers, we can do this for you.

http://www.tiperformance.com.au/Technical/EB-ED%20V8%20Thermofan%20Control.pdf

Cheers,
Jason

Yesterday we went down to the dyno at Hallam Performance, and with a hand from Paul at CVE Performance we touched up the tunes and got some numbers from our two supercharged Falcons!

Check out this video of Simon's EB on the dyno. I won't mention the number here but we're pretty happy with the result from the old EB.

Cheers,
Jason

Hey mate, going to be needing a chip soon for my EF 4.0L engine that I'll be putting into my XF, what sorta figures am I looking at for the chip and software to tune it? Can it be programmed to disable smartlock and all that crap by me or do you have to do that? Also, can a chip be reprogrammed or is it a one use only kinda deal? Cheers

Hey mate.

A J3 Chip and Programmer pack will set you back around $225.  A license for TunerPro RT is less than $40. 

You can disable Smartlock in the tune yourself, or if you get stuck I can do a base tune to get you started.  The chip can be reprogrammed as many times as you like by anyone with one of our Programmers -- no dodgy vendor locks here.

Any other questions, let me know.

Cheers,

Jason

As followers of the T.I. Performance Facebook page would have seen, a few weeks back we put a smaller pulley on the EF to see what it was capable of.

1000783_10151511870136631_1738781323_n.j

Last week we took it down to Hallam Performance, and Paul did a few power runs on the dyno.  The result, after a quick tweak to the tune:

j7rl.jpg

We're pretty stoked with this figure out of the auto.  The timing is severely retarded up top due to no intercooler or meth injection - if we could keep the timing in the peak figure would be even more impressive, but the low end difference is huge.

Video at

Cheers,
Jason

ll36.png

Our new website is live! Check it out right now at http://www.tiperformance.com.au/

After a lot of work sorting out our new design (thanks Michele), then countless hours adding our content and fine tuning various features on the site, we're ready to release it to the world.

For a limited time, we also have discounts on some of our products!  Be quick!

We expect a few bumps in the road over the next few days, so if you notice something not working, or have any other suggestions for the site, please get in touch with us. We'd love to hear what you think of the site.

Cheers,
Jason

We had a great time this weekend at the V8 Supercars at Sandown Park!  Thanks to everyone who came and said hello, don't forget to use your discount vouchers!  

Here are a few pics from the event:

1174544_10151666476826631_1835163286_n.j
73225_10151666476606631_62203240_n.jpg
582141_10151666482306631_682459217_n.jpg
1233447_10151666480196631_106526787_n.jp
1209429_10151666480751631_300911781_n.jp
1235320_10151666482631631_1400025411_n.j

Many more at https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151666476041631.1073741828.274659061630&type=1 - make sure you tag anyone we've missed!

Thanks to Pete from boostedfalcon.net for organising!

Cheers,
Jason

qarq.png
To kick off our recently launched YouTube Channel, we're running a little competition!  To enter, all you need to do is:

1.  Upload any video of your car with a T.I. Performance J3 Chip to YouTube
2.  Tag "T.I. Performance" and "J3 Chip" in the video (use quotes)
3.  Share the video on our timeline and tell us how your J3 Chip has worked for you.

You can share any video of your car, be it your car idling, cruising, hitting the track or running the strip.  The most creative entry will win a merch pack containing a Stubby Holder, Bottle Opener, and Stickers!  Entries close 30th September, so get cracking people!

nxlz.jpg
Thanks to the support of you, our loyal customers, we just burnt our 1000th chip!  

If you had of asked in 2008 when we first started T.I. Performance whether we'd sell 1000 chips, I think we would have laughed!   
We are very proud of this achieving this milestone, and it shows what a passionate enthusiast community these cars have.  

Keep on modding!

Cheers,
Jason

ut86.jpg
Feeling thirsty?  For the month of November, we will be offering FREE stubby holders to everyone who uses the coupon THIRSTY when they check out!  

Just remember to add the stubby holder to your cart then use the coupon code THIRSTY!

Cheers,
Jason

Hey guys,

We headed up to the Bright Rod Run again over the weekend for a bit of sunshine, had a great time.  A few sample pics:

1463174_10151770658891631_1966835966_n.j
1461248_10151770664516631_968345988_n.jp
1426178_10151770665146631_626965192_n.jp

As usual, the rest of them are on Facebook -- see

Cheers,
Jason

Hey guys,

As anyone following us on Facebook would have seen, we're running a Christmas sale at the moment.

avh2.jpg

Use the code XMAS13 when you check out, and you'll get 20% off all of our blank and pre-programmed chips at http://www.tiperformance.com.au/products/ !  Offer is valid until the end of December, so get cracking!

Cheers,
Jason

Hi mate,

I'm going to order a "stage 1" J3 chip for my XF with XG driveline conversion to disable the smartlock.

I was just curious if it's possible to have it tweaked to perform a bit better than stock (only has exhaust done so far)?

Also, I have a manual ECU that came with the XG, but I'm unsure of its condition.

If I order the J3 chip programmed for manual, can I swap the chip into a EB ECU I have and it will perform exactly like it will in the XG ECU (incase the XG one is stuffed)?

Appreciate any help or advice you can give.

Thanks for your time.

Jay

Yep.  I thought that would be clear enough from the text on the website:

Our Stage 1 J3 Chip is suitable for engine conversions or manual conversions.

This chip can be used to convert an Auto ECU into a standard Manual ECU, standard into Tickford XR6, standard into Tickford LPG, etc. Useful instead of trying to find a rare XR6 Manual ECU when doing a manual conversion.

It can also be used to disable smartlock or disable smartshield when doing an engine conversion or running a minimal loom in a speedway car.

The reason the higher stages cost slightly more is that they include the time required to customise a tune to suit your requirements.

An XR6 tune can lean out the mixtures a little (factory is very rich) and give a little more advance when used on a stock engine.

Cheers,

Jason

Sorry mate, I saw the bit that said it "suits cars with no or few modifications" and thought maybe you gave them just a quick tweak.

All good, I understand you need to put more time into them now.

So you think the XR tune would help a bit?

I only ask as I'm putting an XG driveline into my XF on a bit of a tight budget at the mo, so I'd like to get the chip that will suit my car best, but don't want to pay more for something I can do without. And I'm hoping the XR tune will support a few more basic mods before I'd need to step up to a stage 2.

This whole chipping ECU's is still a little foreign to me, so sorry for all the questions.

Appreciate your time and help mate.

Thanks.

Jay.

Chipping the ECU in this way should not be that foreign - it's effectively the same as using the equivalent XR ECU as a starting point. It should suit fine.

Cheers,

Jason