Travis

Help needed

I have an xd with a 351 Cleveland, I can start the car and take it for a good drive and it runs perfect, but if I turn it off and start it even a couple of minutes later it will idle and rev fine but will not drive, it's like it has a really bad flat spot when trying to accelerate but it won't stall and if I put my foot down it will push through it and go until I change into the next gear and then it will happen again, any ideas on what it could be?

Check your trans fluid level. Sounds like it's starving. (I assume its an auto)

No it's a manual, this really has me wondering what it could be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is the motor bogging down? if so try accelerator pump. may be on the way out or incorrectly adjusted. or if manual secondaries the secondaries may be opening too early

Is your fuel filter before or after your fuel pump, I had this problem once, fuel filter was on the tank side of the fuel pump, as the pump started to die it couldn't continuously pull fuel through the filter any more

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I have put a new fuel pump on and it's still doing it, I am going to have someone look at the carby and see if There is anything wrong with it, I was wondering if the ignition could have a resistor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what carby is it? a thermoquad?  if so, they had all kinds of TVS? switches making it so the secondaries cant open when cold etc, also theres a fuel filter at the fuel inlet in it which might be blocked. the thermoquad has lots of moving parts that might not allow the secondaries to open.

if its a holley.. same thing? vacuum secondary not opening?

Sounds like it's over fueling & bogging down.

is it belching out black smoke or anything like that?

Needle & seat could be stuffed or just have some junk caught in it.