Penrite Pro Gear has made my gearbox not want to shift

On 5/7/2017 at 9:55 AM, gerg said:

Lol this is your T5 to the bottle of Dex sitting there:

"I want to eat you... Get in ma belly"

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Nah this is the 5 speed

' oi cunt if u hard shift 2 or 3 more times im outta here!'

i changed it to dex3 made it sorta worse lol . gearbox is rooted

Heres what ya should use in a T5.....if you want to go Penrite.

20170522_190819_zpsi1vdinqo.jpg

Read the label.... you'll understand why you have shift problems with other fluids.... too viscous. The additive just thickens it.

20170522_190832_zpsoke2fczw.jpg

Also if you use a Hydratrak

Diff... Outback Owners....

This is the forshizzle...

20170522_190850_zps3mh7f3x4.jpg

20170522_190937_zpsklg0rwjn.jpg

You want a diff oil that suits a hypoid type diff... not lsd... because that is clutch pack, not fluid filled coupling.

I love my Penrite.....

Death to the Non-Believers!

Lol.

Jack.

Sent from my GT-S7583T

Just an update on my T56 and the Pro Gear. Rollover is way quieter than any manual I've ever had. I've been giving it a workout too, not just Bitch shifting it. Lit it up well into 5th gear (shit tyres and a bit greasy from oil brought up by rain), just kept grabbing gears waiting for traction. Overall I am very surprised and happy with the shifting quality (especially considering my shifter itself is nearly cactus and being held together with spot welds). Will be looking at a Mal Wood ultimate when the time comes. No Dex for me

4 hours ago, Crazy2287 said:

If you dont want to take my word for it. Dont mind if dogs get kicked,  And dont care what the gearbox oem says. 

Here is some more good info from the "otherside" just to help solidify the wc t5 oil debacle 

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/how-to-i-d-your-t5-and-choose-the-correct-fluid.130888/

Its got dex3 in it now, a bit better than the penrite

to get it any bettter ill have to get a reco box (imo not worth it)

or go a 6 speed lol

11 hours ago, Crazy2287 said:

Fk yeah mate, Unless your worried about weight those t56's are a superior box. I'd be running one on my crossy if it was not like a 5k conversion.

I'm presuming a custom bellhousing will take up a fair whack of that cost?

My 6 speed conversion cost me under $2500 with a new flywheel, h/d clutch, custom tailshaft and diff gears. 

I got a price from mal wood ages ago before i did the hyd clutch conversion on my t5 and just remember that the conversion was gonna cost far more than id ever pay. I just chucked the 5k number there as a placeholder but if anyone has a current cost on t56 conversion for crossy im ibteresred to hear what it is. 

I think ya can get dogshift gearsets to convert t5's for 2-3k and id be more likely to do that, add an oil cooler  And keep the lightweight t5 box.

20 hours ago, Crazy2287 said:

I got a price from mal wood ages ago before i did the hyd clutch conversion on my t5 and just remember that the conversion was gonna cost far more than id ever pay. I just chucked the 5k number there as a placeholder but if anyone has a current cost on t56 conversion for crossy im ibteresred to hear what it is. 

I think ya can get dogshift gearsets to convert t5's for 2-3k and id be more likely to do that, add an oil cooler  And keep the lightweight t5 box.

what sorta power could u have with those t5 gearsets? 

the quicktime bellhousings were ~800 last time i sussed it outfor a t56

the main cost of the conversion is what price you happen to get the gearbox and slave cyl for

a new slave is 800 or less .. 800 gets you a awesome one

a commodore box is a lot cheaper and has the speedo output and shifter in the right spot.. 1500 would get you one

400ish for a tailshaft to be made up

clutch could be carried over with a friction disk swap, or buy a new one

i used an XB master cyl and i got a braided line made up 150 for the line 

crossmember im not sure about.. i adapted plates onto a xb auto one and drilled a hole in the middle for the t56 rubber

so its not TO bad 

Woah, $800 for a slave? Alloy one from a T56 Camira will work (well, it does in BA conversion). Mal Wood also sells alloy one with bleeder for $150 (https://malwoodauto.com.au/product/alloy-t56-slave-cylinder/). Worth it just for ease of bleeding, which is a massive pita on these boxes. Homemade spacers to get the correct crush.

I was lucky enough to get my T56 for $800. 10k kms out of a BF Turbo. Only problem, it was in Darwin. My little bro did a favour for one of his mates up there and got it down here at no cost to me.

My tailshaft cost me $570 including gearbox yoke.

10 hours ago, josh1990 said:

Woah, $800 for a slave? Alloy one from a T56 Camira will work (well, it does in BA conversion). Mal Wood also sells alloy one with bleeder for $150 (https://malwoodauto.com.au/product/alloy-t56-slave-cylinder/). Worth it just for ease of bleeding, which is a massive pita on these boxes. Homemade spacers to get the correct crush.

I was lucky enough to get my T56 for $800. 10k kms out of a BF Turbo. Only problem, it was in Darwin. My little bro did a favour for one of his mates up there and got it down here at no cost to me.

My tailshaft cost me $570 including gearbox yoke.

isnt the bleeder 150 by itself? 

if its for everything its a lot cheaper than last time i checked lol

13 minutes ago, RAWDEAL said:

isnt the bleeder 150 by itself? 

if its for everything its a lot cheaper than last time i checked lol

Nope, that price is for the slave and bleeder. Plus about $17 postage. Even Mal's full billet T56 CSC is only $240ish. You can pick up the Alloy camira slave for as low as $90ish. But to add a remote bleeder is about $60ish for a HEL brand by memory. So I bought Mals for the bleeder, next time I'll grab one without it and transfer it over. They should be changed with every new clutch. My clutch kit came with the plastic falcon one, I've shelved it for a spare. 

Edit - my mistake, it's a billet piston and $245

https://malwoodauto.com.au/product/alloy-t56-slave-cylinder-billet/

Penrite Trans Oil semi synthetic in box now.
Shifts lovely and smooth.
Also T50D box holds 2.2L not 1.9L as per workshop manual.

Maybe Pro Gear is just the wrong oil for the job.

Jack.

Sent from my GT-S7583T