Panko

Panko's XF Ghia wagon - the resto and rebuild

26 minutes ago, deankdx said:

killing it dude! 

nothing like a deadline for motivation lol

And im still worried i wont get it finished. 

I dont have my door bash trims back from Campo yet. 

36 minutes ago, Mr Polson said:

Can always drive it/display it without the scuff guards.

I might have to :( It looks wrong without them though. 

Ill be giving him a call tomorrow morning to see if he has done them. he's had them for 3 weeks now. 

I drove the car today!!!!

Yep, I took the car for its first drive today. only around the block, because i still dont have seat belts bolted in properly, and no rear bumper, but i drove it. it feels so strange after not driving it for so long.

Ok well I am really pushing my luck haha. 

I finally have all the exterior stuff done and ready to go on. all the badges are ready to be stuck back on the car, the 2 hoses under the car i had to fix are done (fuel filler breather and rear squirter) 

Im still waiting on the door strips, but hopefully tomorrow ill get them back. 

however, the interior still has a long way to go. 

I still have all the interior plastics to go back in, the centre console, and the door cards. 

so have a fair bit to go yet, so but im still confident ill get it done. 

yeah those interior trims are easy, except if you are trying to locate them in the original holes on a hot day when it's about to get dark lol

shouldn't be too hard to get it done, gotta be happy its driving at least

Wow the wagon looks great, nice work!

What a transformation. I've been reading through this thread over the past few nights at work. I have picked up some good tips. It's also given me some inspiration aaaand a bit of anxiety of what I might have to deal with 😟

How did you remove the trims around the front and rear screens and around the doors without bending the crap out of them?

Also I have purchased a NOS number plate housing (haven't received it yet) and am now wondering if it will fit or have the pins on it or whatever it was you were talking about? 🤔

Anyway, yours is looking mint again and I'll be happy if mine looks as good 👍

@Seamus 

Thanks mate. its been a labour of love. im pretty happy with the results, however from yesterday (All Ford Day) I have a list of things that I need to go back and fix, mostly in the driver's door. But, thats what I get for rushing to finish it. so the door card is coming off again today to work on it. 

you need to get yourself one of these kits. in the picture on the link, i was using the far right tool, and the middle tool, the flat pointy end to carefully take the door trims off. 

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/sca-sca-door-trim-remover-set---5-piece/282096.html

and this is the tool you need to get the window trims off. 

https://www.autotools.com.au/catalogue/product.php/1/AT1113

[mention=30250]Seamus[/mention] 

Thanks mate. its been a labour of love. im pretty happy with the results, however from yesterday (All Ford Day) I have a list of things that I need to go back and fix, mostly in the driver's door. But, thats what I get for rushing to finish it. so the door card is coming off again today to work on it. 

you need to get yourself one of these kits. in the picture on the link, i was using the far right tool, and the middle tool, the flat pointy end to carefully take the door trims off. 

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/sca-sca-door-trim-remover-set---5-piece/282096.html

and this is the tool you need to get the window trims off. 

https://www.autotools.com.au/catalogue/product.php/1/AT1113

Cheers[mention=74]Panko[/mention]

I have just ordered that tool for the windscreen trims and you say you used this for the drip rail trims also yeah?

From what I can see it's been a long enough road, and I wouldn't blame you for rushing the last little bit to make it to the AFD. Hope you sort out the issue in the door quickly and easily.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk