Server maintenance Read more... ×
Sav

Relocating ai con compressor cleveland

Has anyone got any ideas or aware of someone relocating the air conditioner compressor on a Cleveland, the standard position looks crap, even with billet brackets.

I have seen a photo of one that was somehow attached down low somewhere below the battery tray on an XA-XC Falcon.

I have enclosed a photo.

Relocated.png.04276abae6ab30e95b668ec8bf920fb4.png

Looking forward to any replies.

Cheers,

Sav.

2 hours ago, Mr Polson said:

Seen on a car at Vic AFD - spoke to the owner who fabbed his own brackets and used a "universal" compressor off eBay.0bef75848aad48ada7e38ef590055959.jpg3cee5ed45303b72e4bbff1cc85c3675d.jpg

I remember that ESP from AFD a couple years ago, was walking around with Dunolly Dave (pro250) when we wondered over to it. Dave and i spoke to the owner. Very nice car, one of my favorites :)

IMG_2306.jpg

On a Chrysler in Adelaide the other weekend - electric powered compressor. Quite small and very tidy fit on inner mudguard. 

That sounds like a much more elegant solution, can mount wherever you want and no compressor seal to let go (enclosed system). Would need a serious alternator though.

7 hours ago, gerg said:

That sounds like a much more elegant solution, can mount wherever you want and no compressor seal to let go (enclosed system). Would need a serious alternator though.

150 (pretty sure would be enough) amp alternators are pretty cheap from the usa these days

i looked into one of these a fair while ago, ended up going a CVF 8rib pulley set up that has , water pump / alt / ac only. the sanden 508 compressors look good especially in black 

these would be grouse if you hid it under the bumper or guard or whereever though.. would suit a lot of hot rods that dont wana boil in summer