Server maintenance Read more... ×
Squid

4.1 XF carby

So my carby shit it self and would hardly run on petrol and would cough and splutter, so I got my hands on a second hand one, cleaned it up, seemed alright and turns out it wasn't much better than the first -.- <br />Any good brands to look for when buying one? Because I don't really have the money to buy a whole new engine

mine doesn't run without the idle solenoid. check auto choke wire?

get a carby rebuild kit and make a better from the 2

or do what i done and get the carby full on professionally rebuilt but it took me a couple weeks to get the money up for that

disconnect the line from the carby to the fuel pump and run it to a bottle turn it over and see if your getting sufficiant fuel. it shouldn't drizzle out it should piss out.

also check for any vacuum leaks. if its a 85 you might have a vacuum amplifier that makes the cars run a bit rough to which is legaly able to be deleted. and check the leads to. or maybe the actual solenoid of the idle cut solenoid

I've got no idea about any of this shit!!<br />D:<br />She runs fine on gas though?

Hahahahaha jesus man read some shit and get your head around how ur car works.

carby is a device to spray fuel into the motor. if your spraying gas in there then your only using the butterfly in the carb like a throttlebody, so if your using gas your not using fuel.

get a workshop manual its not that much for the mcgregorys

ey i dont mean that in a bad way either. it just helps to gain knowledge about the car. repair manuals are a great way to do it