xebruce

AU3 XR8 T5z into clevo XE

Looking at buying a T5z out of a AU XR8 to put behind the clevo in my XE. I see the starter is on the other side of the bellhousing is this going to be an issue or is there any other issues i should be aware of. I assume the bellhousing will bolt up to my cleveo. thought they were the same as windsors?

Would apperciate any feed back, Thanks

from memory the t5z is a longer shaft ? will need a custom tailshaft - bellhousing on a windsor is smaller i believe takes a smaller flywheel and clutch - windsor will fit in a clevo bellhousing but not always the other way around 

(i may be wrong but 90% thats correct about the clutch) need to take your flywheel and sit it in the bellhousing see if it clears 

Yep 5/8" longer in the input shaft and bellhousing depth. Needs a 157-tooth 28 oz. flywheel to match. Shifter may not line up with tunnel housing & yep tailshaft will need shortening.

Another option is to get the input shaft turned down to suit the old style but that will still need a custom T5-to-clevo bellhousing or go and adapt a toploader bell like I did. Shifter will sit too far forward for an X-Falcon I believe. I think even without the different length bellhousing, the box is a different length, so tailshaft is still going to need mods.

All of this is doable, just depends on how much stuffing around you're prepared to do.

Thanks guys, sounds like to much stuffing round for me. Looking  for the most straight forward option. There must be a pretty much bolt in option? There is a couple of trans places here that will put together a kit to bolt up to a Cleveland but the price is pretty steep. Which T5 am I best to look for?

i had a EF t5 behind my cleveland - was mild - and i didnt drive like a fuck stick, but i gave it a hiding - you need a 6cyl t5 and a custom bellhousing (dont go dellow spend the extra and get from malwood - itll save you money in the long run) then ull need a hyduralic clutch setup (standard xe pedal box) get the master cylinder bored to 2" as it will not suit a aftermarket slave cylinder - bit of fucking around but worth it

Yeah you think to yourself "how hard could it be? " but trust me, one way or another, you'll need to mod something. I have an entire thread on here on how I did mine but skinning a cat can be done in many ways.

Best box to use (if T5Z can't be adapted) is the one with the taller 1st ie: EB2-EL 6-cyl 3.25:1.

EA-EB1 used 3.50:1 which I have in mine. Too short for a torquey V8.

E-series with 5.0 also had T5Z ratios but input shaft length (I think) is like the T5Z (BA-onwards) boxes ie: mustang length, starter opposite side, 157t flywheel at 60 oz (wrong for a clevo), and bellhousing itself is longer and use a cable clutch and fork

(can you confirm Thom?)

Thanks for for your insight guys. Found a e series one locally so will go check it out in the weekend. how do i tell the difference between the 6 and 8 input shaft lengths to make sure is a 6 cyl one  and wether its a t5 or t5z.

honestly it would nearly be easier to just use a t56 lol . they are at least everywere if you ever want to buy one second hand

for the same effort the 6 speed is a 100x better result

honestly it would nearly be easier to just use a t56 lol . they are at least everywere if you ever want to buy one second hand

for the same effort the 6 speed is a 100x better result

Don't use a Dellow bell housing.. see BGDAVs thread if unsure why..

So emailed Mal Wood about the cleveland and the E series 6cyl T5 and this was there response.

Hi Bruce,

We do not make a Bellhousing to fit your Ford V8 using the Ford 6 T5.  The front shift of the bush box is not long enough.

Kind Regards,

Jeff @

Dellow Conversions

Bugger. guess that means there bellhousings are suited to the 8cyl ones or the mustang one with the longer shaft.

So emailed Mal Wood about the cleveland and the E series 6cyl T5 and this was there response.

Hi Bruce,

We do not make a Bellhousing to fit your Ford V8 using the Ford 6 T5.  The front shift of the bush box is not long enough.

Kind Regards,

Jeff @

Dellow Conversions

Bugger. guess that means there bellhousings are suited to the 8cyl ones or the mustang one with the longer shaft.

CRS do a bell housing for it, not seen how they go these days though..

http://www.rodshop.com.au/bellhousings/ford-cleveland/bh095t5-ford-bell-housing.html

EDIT! wonder if the left side starter motor would affect exhaust?

I met a bloke using a 6 cylinder T5 on a windsor with a modified single rail V8 bellhousing. Should work the same for a clevo.

While I'm here, did any old V8 falcons have a cable clutch? XY or similar? I swear I've seen bellhousings with the provision for a fork. If that's the case I won't have to convert my XD to hydraulic clutch.

i had a bellhousing from dellow to suit a t5 from a ef into a cleveland .. dunno why they dont make them - honestly i had no issues with hte bellhousing from them years ago - but the latest one i got was designed and machined wrong and cost me 2k to fix their fuck up (i wouldnt risk it again)

been pricing up the different options and looks like i'm just gong to have to wait to do this conversion. Got a holiday to Fiji coming up and then my wedding. Looks like i'm going to have to put up with the C4 for now. Thanks for all the info guys.