NZXD

Removing EFI XE 250

Just a quick question, does the factory XE ECU control the fuel pump, temp and oil pressure gauges or are they stand alone like a carb model? Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what triggers the pump but the guages sure run off the traditional sensors. Would be very basic compared to modern EFI.

Would be able to fit a carby easy, just needs power to coil and dizzy and an electric low pressure fuel pump. Weber needs ignition switched power or run a Holley etc.

I'm not sure what triggers the pump but the guages sure run off the traditional sensors. Would be very basic compared to modern EFI.

Would be able to fit a carby easy, just needs power to coil and dizzy and an electric low pressure fuel pump. Weber needs ignition switched power or run a Holley etc.

Thanks, that was the answer I was looking for.

Temp and oil pressure are stand alone.

EFI have two temp sender's - normal one in front of head for gauge, one in a heater hose for ECU (may only be XF EFI).

Fuel pump has a relay that is triggered from the ECU with ignition, ECU has ability to cut power to relay I think?

On my wagon (XF) the pump simply has a 12V supply running to the pump from engine bay loom.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I should change the title to 1983 XE 250 EFI.

I have been reading a few older bits n pieces from the net about replacing the BW auto for a C4, and as a result a few further questions have popped up.

With a C4 what flexplate is required?

Will the standard shifter linkages from the BW auto work with the C4?

C4 needs Windsor flex plate or std 6 cylinder (same flex plate).

The shift linkages on the c4 are on the passenger side so no the bw linkages won't work, without modification. It's not that hard to make the, work with a bar running across to the passenger side and some linkages.

C4 needs Windsor flex plate or std 6 cylinder (same flex plate).

The shift linkages on the c4 are on the passenger side so no the bw linkages won't work, without modification. It's not that hard to make the, work with a bar running across to the passenger side and some linkages.

Thanks Ando. I have a fair bit to learn about crossflows.

Any questions on the c4 and bw let me know as I have one of each complete at home including linkages, tbar, cooler lines etc

Any questions on the c4 and bw let me know as I have one of each complete at home including linkages, tbar, cooler lines etc

Hey, just tried to send you a message but it won't send.

You would need a Dizzy to.... As the  timing is controlled by ECU too (XF EFI they are)

An electric fuel pump for a carby as well as there is no mechanical pump drive on a EFI camshaft.

XE EFI have vacuum dizzy still.

If cam has been replaced chances are it'd have a lovely, but yeah if stock can no fuel pump lobe.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk