thorne

thorne's FGX G6E Turbo

160 posts in this topic

Heh no, I'm not lowering her any further, I like the ability to cross speed-humps and the occasional pot-hole without the risk of tearing something out from the under-frame. ;)

As it is, the rear suspension automatically lowers itself when I put the transmission into drive, something I've had to get used to. I think Polson's FG would do the same....?

Yep, think it's to do with RWD and the Ford Control Blade IRS.
BA sedan I've driven does it too, but the old BA Repco ute I drove didn't (solid rear)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Well, it's been nearly a year since I last updated this! To be honest, there's nothing much else to show, as the Lady has eased comfortably into a daily role for me over the last year.

Here's a few pictures parked at work: she's a little grubby unfortunately.
dDecDVCJ_o.jpg
V0ez2GlK_o.jpg

She was overdue for a wash, so a morning getting detailed/valetted, she looks a lot better now:
EEh9s0fi_o.jpg
8UFNGLxM_o.jpg
Much better! Of course, Melbourne being Melbourne, it rained not too long afterwards, and she looks nowhere near as nice anymore.:( At least the inside is still spotless.

Least I could do for her: she was built about this time three years ago. Happy 3rd birthday to the Lady! :lol:

It's that time of year again!

BBEn9R3i_o.jpg

So the Lady went in for a "major" service today....and what did they give me for a loan car.......? A pony!

JPr95ZCH_o.jpg
Yc2JYodz_o.jpg

Sharp eyes would have noticed this is actually the 4-cylinder model: a bit of a let-down, but still surprisingly zippy nonetheless; I had fun in her! Admittedly the interior was a little cramped for someone as tall as I am, and the quality suffered from the right-hand drive conversion (hand-brake on the wrong side, wing-mirrors positioned incorrectly for right-hand drivers and their adjustment was difficult), space for only two adults in the rear seats, but it steered well, responded quickly to a bit of welly regardless, and had a kick-ass sound-system.

4s6Tfjfh_o.jpg

This 4cyl model even had a 10-speed gear-box! Also came with a fully digital dash:

ytmvr4Fa_o.jpg
Note the info on the engine's turbo (centre), and even vehicle-detection and lane-departure system (right), which rumbles the steering wheel if you change lanes without indicating (didn't give the emergency braking system a try!). Electronically, I was pretty impressed.

qw4tt1Lx_o.jpg
Car came with keyless-go (push-button ignition, right of console....notice the old-skool switches across the bottom) and a Sync3 ICC.

All up, not too bad: I wouldn't mind trying the 8-banger version sometime, but it was still a little cramped for my liking (too used to a family-sized Falcom I guess). At the end of the day I traded her back for the Lady, running a little quieter and having even been given a wash and looking classy again. :D

Valvebouncer and bear351c like this

The 2018 Stangs, are failing left right and center!
I would stay right away.

The ecoboost 4 cylinder engines are cracking heads/gaskets,

apparently due to the unsupported cylinder walls.

The V8's are dropping valves/cylinder liners and throwing rods, and developing valve-train noises.

And the manual Getrag gearboxes used, are snapping selector forks inside the casing.

Heaps of Mustangs are apparently being bought back under the USA Lemon Laws,

as there are no parts left available, to fix the vehicles!

Stick with your bulletproof Barra turbo, and the XH! :)

Valvebouncer and thorne like this

The 2018 Stangs, are failing left right and center!
I would stay right away.

The ecoboost 4 cylinder engines are cracking heads/gaskets,
apparently due to the unsupported cylinder walls.

The V8's are dropping valves/cylinder liners and throwing rods, and developing valve-train noises.
And the manual Getrag gearboxes used, are snapping selector forks inside the casing.

Heaps of Mustangs are apparently being bought back under the USA Lemon Laws,
as there are no parts left available, to fix the vehicles!

Stick with your bulletproof Barra turbo, and the XH!

Interesting! I didn’t know they were that bad.

Interesting! I didn’t know they were that bad.
Its ford USA, of course it's a pile of garbage, pretty and fast for a short time but will not outlast and of our local cars
Valvebouncer likes this

I thought the head gasket issues were only in the focuseseses with the ecoboost? And ironically because they were fitted with the mustang head gasket.

Given the amount of mustangs sold I think the actual percentage of issues is actually very low, but in this age of instant information it makes it appear 10x worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New accessories arrived for the Lady while I was overseas! This weekend is the only time I've had to myself since I cam back earlier this week.

Firstly the boot scuff-protector over the rear bumper:
hU17QAxm_o.jpg
nwE95V4F_o.jpg

Next, the boot cargo-net:
i8CplA4C_o.jpg

And both together:
cNn3Izod_o.jpg

The cargo net will be bloody useful, as I won't need to put the shopping in the front passenger's footwell.....at least if I remember to stop parking arse-first into my parking spot.

deankdx and bear351c like this