deankdx

Health, Fitness, Weight(fat) loss etc

28 minutes ago, hendrixhc said:

LAst time i was under 100 i think i was about 15yrs old.

i was about 75kg when i was 18? pretty sure i bench pressed 80kg then (once off, i never did gym ever) 
where did that fitness go... oh, got My license.. no more walking or riding

1 hour ago, xf-087 said:

well not good lol 

after 4 days stuck on 104.8 kg 

i have followed it up with 105.7

and today 106.2 bugger........................

have you tried the keto or very low carb type diet, not very sustainable but when i got to 92kg ish and stopped it, i was able to maintain around that level until i got on the migraine tablets. 

i'd like to try the intermittent fasting, but i really don't cope well with the feeling of hunger(i get HANGRY)  and the cure is usually to eat junk food because i haven't got the patience to make something healthy, or the foresight to make it in advance)

13 minutes ago, deankdx said:

have you tried the keto or very low carb type diet, not very sustainable but when i got to 92kg ish and stopped it, i was able to maintain around that level until i got on the migraine tablets. 

i'd like to try the intermittent fasting, but i really don't cope well with the feeling of hunger(i get HANGRY)  and the cure is usually to eat junk food because i haven't got the patience to make something healthy, or the foresight to make it in advance)

yes that is what the misses has me on at the moment lol

actually it is not that bad 

i think it must be stress related i seem to weigh in lower while on on my days off and then as i get closer to going back to work i start to climb again lol

Exercise regime going well.

Fitness is building and size reducing  but nothing come off on the scales.

Off to the doctor tomorrow for a check up to make sure this silly old fool isnt over doing it.

So i increased the home gym equipment tonight with some more dumbells, weights bar and weight plates.

Im planning to get a free weights bench next pay and work on upper body strength, Core and shoulder strength.

One minor set back was a broken toe at Karate last night. Some dumb fuck stepped on my foot and crunched the middle small toe.

My cardio is improving greatly and im almost back to full flexibility of previous years.

Looking forward to a really fit year!

So tonight at boot camp we did a repeat session of the very first session we did about 3 months ago. Instead of nearly dying i powered though it and still had plenty in the tank at the end. Fitness is improving dramatically!

Good to see people are powering on with their missions here!

I'm still 82 kgs (BMI wont go lower than 19.9), still a regular 5 am starter at my gym. two other people join me at that time and we still see the revolving door of New Year's resolutionists! 

Squatting more these days though can manage 5 sets of 5 reps on 100kgs, can manage a 1 rep max on 125 kg's, can run 10 km's in about 45 minutes (started at over an hour). Have a really good routine worked out, 12-week plans, 2 weeks mixup and then back into the 12-week plan. haven't missed a day in 16 months and results speak for themselves. 

To add to my list of injuries, shoulder back and knee, left wrist is fucked but I use wraps now to combat that. Taking a step back when injured helps, but I prefer to modify what I have to do, and keep training. 

Keep on going with it guys ;)

24 minutes ago, 'Nova said:

To add to my list of injuries, shoulder back and knee, left wrist is fucked but I use wraps now to combat that. Taking a step back when injured helps, but I prefer to modify what I have to do, and keep training. 

Keep on going with it guys ;)

injuries are definitely hard to deal with mentally as well as physically. sounds like you're on a winner with the routine though, that has to help a lot also. 

Just now, 'Nova said:

I know that if I wake up and I'm sore, and don't go. I'll come to regret it later in the day, so I'm better off going.

Takes a long time to get into that mindset though!

Regret it mentally or physically though?

After half a lifetime of manual work, my knees are not in the best shape.

I can't imagine running for 10km...

Bike riding would be ok though. :)

I always have a negative frame of mind before i go and train. I come up with every excuse under the sun why i cant go tonight and thats why i need to be pushed by a PT or a Sensei.

Funny thing is 5 minutes into training i get right into it and dont want to stop.

Even with a busted toe and a dicky shoulder i always put in 150%.

3 hours ago, SPArKy_Dave said:

Bike riding would be ok though

you should start bike riding, it's easy.. it's just like riding a bike ;) 

plenty of bike trails around your area

weighing in at 94.4kg, the Wii(cosole we only use as scales these days, and tracking of weight) has My BMI just above obese level...will soon be OVERWEIGHT !