deankdx

Health, Fitness, Weight(fat) loss etc

376 posts in this topic

I am starting this thread just in the hope some people like Myself will help themselves get a bit fitter and healthier.

we all know someone who could do with some help getting off the chair motivation wise.

I begun for the probably 5th time now a health kick(not a new year new Me resolution that runs out in the first month)that should be sustainable.. i have dropped off it over time for various reasons, the most recent was due to back pain.. but starting again is the way to get anything done.. so here we go again.

just so happens The Biggest Loser is starting soon on an 8 week challenge, i get motivated by this so that is handy.
xfalcon had a biggest loser challenge quite a few years ago and i remember Gaz(KLR250) getting ripped from around that time with the help of members (i think it was Wes)

Victoria currently is about to start off ACTIVE APRIL https://app.activeapril.vic.gov.au/

which gives 10 free visits to a YMCA gym, you can also use it for the pool in some facilities and they probably have a program that could fit all fitness levels..

i have just added a 10 week challenge on www.thintopia.com called : ozfalcon.com.au fitness challenge

password: rustyshitbox

here you can put in your weight in and watch it and any members here that wish to join in on a graph in percentage terms, only you can see your weight figure.

step 1: visit http://www.thintopia.com/ to create an account(it's FREE!) choose a username that we can recognise you with(unlike Me who already had a profile as Dean WLFVBP, a different group)

step 2: after you have logged into thintopia click the "Competitions" tab and scroll down or search ozfalcon.com.au fitness challenge click on it and enter the password rustyshitbox then click join.

Step 3: once you have joined you will see "starting weight" on the left hand side of the screen. enter your weight.

Step 4:on this website you can weigh in more than once a week, i choose in the morning before brekky. i have chosen the week to end on a sunday, so week 0 will begin on monday and as long as you weigh in before Sunday it should be fine. then you can weigh in on Monday and not bother again if you so desire for a while longer.

should be fairly straight forward, any questions ask away and hopefully i'll be able to sort it out..

i can't figure out how to add a photo to the profile after setting it up, but the name should be enough.

good luck, hopefully you can get someone else on board for a bit of a challenge.. in the past i have been on bike rides and walks with Mark (EXTREME KARTS) and Dave (BGDAV)

managed to edit the profile pic to this below

40cmramps.jpg

'Nova, SPArKy_Dave, robbie and 4 others like this

Good luck on your fitness journey. 

I've been on one myself for the past 10 or so years maybe, community support and group walks/rides will be good to keep everyone motivated. 

deankdx likes this

You read my mind. Mates getting married next year and we were having a few bday drinks on the weekend. He is dieting to lose 12 kg's, drunkenly bet i could too.

Turns out he plans on losing it in the next 3 months hahaha

So write me down as 111.7kgs as of now. Gotta get down to 100 by june!

deankdx likes this

Yep, I'm there too lol. Got down to 84kg when I first met the missus. (She was an uber fit cross fitter) now I'm lazy and blown out to 107kg, heaviest I've ever been.

Joined up to the new gym up the road and starting tomorrow night I'm getting stuck in again. Got some gym gear here at home too, and good walking streets around us.

Soft drinks are my Achilles heel, I work outside all day, and water doesn't satisfy. Mineral water I've found is an excellent substitute as I found it wasn't so much the flavour I was craving but the actual fizz.

SPArKy_Dave, Ando81, 'Nova and 1 other like this

hay Dean 

i have started a weight loss campaign as well 

since dec i have dropped nearly 10kgs, i have set goals but not timed goals when i get there i do.

just by a slight change in diet and using the stairs in stead of the lift at work- it also helps that i do alot of walking with work up to 18klms in a 24 hour period while i'm on nightshift.

the next level is to start riding the bike to work - about 8.2klms each way

deankdx likes this

great effort Bill, i lost an average of a little over 1kg a month over about 12 months a few years ago going from 108 down to 92kg, that included building some muscle..

as for water, some lemon juice or orange juice squeezed into it makes it less boring

i cut sugar cold turkey, took myself to hospital with racing heart and sweats... don't cut anything cold turkey lol..

i had to cut alcohol too, very hard to do when you don't want to.. be lucky if i drink a slab in 12 months now.(think of the $saving.. spent it on a nice bike)

i am just over 100 at the moment.. to get to 92 again will be hard(i'm 44yrs old, so not old really... but with the extra years, the risk of injury or other health issue means not going too hard too soon.. i wont be stopping after the 10 weeks, i will just set a new goal and keep going..

been walking about 20km a week and riding about same.. planning to step that up and also beat times on the bike over distance.. again, not going too hard too soon, as a setback from injury really brings the motivation to record lows.

i also have a oats for brekky goal for 4 times a week, this in the past alone brought my cholesterol down to normal(well, as well as eating less junk food)

i walked the 1000steps at ferntree gully a couple of weeks back, didn't die, but took a few days to recover.. planning to repeat this soon and do it more regularly also.

good luck sticking with it.. starting over as soon as possible is the key...

Dean

stockesp and Defective like this

Just Joined your comp Dean, looks like it's just me and you in a two horse race, haha.

I've been up as high as 115 late last year, but i'm currently 107kg. Trying to get down to around 95kg.

I've had plenty of time in the gym, field and court (basketball) over the semester break. But Uni has started up for me again and studying architecture sucks the life out of you. 

I've been trying to cut down on the sugar drinks, but nothing beats Vanilla coke :D

deankdx likes this

You guys are doing well. My changes so far.

No beer, just whiskey no coke.

Small tin of tuna on 2 pieces of toast for breakfast, 2 sammies for lunch.

Whatever i'm given for tea lol.

On my feet all day at work, have multigym, exercycle etc in shed but too much crap stacked on them to use atm.

Might have to start running with the dog to keep up with you fellas!!

deankdx likes this

nice to have you on the board ivanflo! you may find at some point you won't get any lower.. so will have to replace vanilla coke with either water or doing more exercise...

when i originally went to the gym(one 3 month membership ever) the instructor said i can have a beer. but it = 20mins extra on the bike... i soon associated alcohol with needing more exercise so cut down a lot..

i can't remember the last time i ran.. over 10yrs ago... not required to lose weight if you have a hill to walk up..

I've never joined anything like this, and I'm not about to but I really respect people taking these steps, first time or not.

I'm a regular 5am starter at my gym and I see people come and go all the time.

I recently had a month off because I've got a 'bakers cyst' on the back of my right knee that means that even walking at the moment can bring a cripling pain. I've had some injuries before (namely back, got a fucked shoulder too) but the pain in this knee is like nothing i've have before.

Physio told me to go back so I'm there. I hover around 83 kgs, before May I'd like to get my BMI back down to 18 (currently at 22) which means I'll increase muscle mass at the same time and thats with a moderate diet, focusing on portion control more so (I've managed it like this previously)

I look forwad to seeing some progress boys, I'll keep you as updated as I can here though :P

deankdx likes this

you can post a pic if it motivates you.. My best result was after seeing a photo of myself at 108kg but i am not going to post one up.
if i begin at the gym(i do not enjoy gyms) i may take a before shot, purely because i'll be expecting fast and decent results if i can make it happen

well all these light weights here lol

a bout 4 years ago maybe 5. I dropped 30kg over 12 months hit my goal weight and stopped doing what I was doing - took me 6 months to fine my 30kg so I was back where I started I also took smoking back up after being off them for 16 years. smoked for about 3 years.

I gave up smoking September 2015 (Fathers Day) found another 10kgs.

when I decided to drop the kgs again I tipped the scales at ..............................................................................................138 kgs in December 2016

now I have hit a plateau @ 129

but slow and steady because at 52 I don't want to over do it too..

deankdx likes this

definitely need to keep trying when you hit a plateau, i saw a dietician after i crept back up and they suggested the 5/2 diet.. might pay to get a body fat analysis also, should be able to give you a metabolic rate that your muscle mass can burn(for Me this was 1800 calories a day)  

on the weekdays i could eat 1800cal, on the weekend she wanted me to eat 500 calories.... nope, can't do it. weekend i do stuff that probably burns calories easier.

yes you have to love the idea of the BMI - If I go by that I should be about 80kgs - not going to happen - I'd be built like a twig

I maybe carrying a lot of weight in fat but there is quite a bit of muscle in my build as long as I eventually get to 100kg I'll be happy.

to top it off tonight I'm stuck in the office as I have a ring in working with me so I'm not going to get my regular walks around the site .............. good thing I have Criminal minds to keep me company

deankdx likes this

stuck in the office again - was looking forward to getting out and having a walk tonight

Criminal minds again  

deankdx likes this

yesterdays ride i did with Mark(EXTREME KARTS)
Today did a dog walk with BGDAV, 4km also pumped out 5 military push ups, 5 girl pushups(on knees) and 5 counter pushups.. (45 degree angle using kitchen bench instead of floor) surprised i got 5 normal ones out to be honest.. i got to 18 a few years back, so will be trying to get back to that again.

also a 2km walk this morning and still may go for another walk soon before bed..
should see some results from this weekend