Server maintenance Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
dex

Fd tail lights into fe

Hey all ,,,

Anyone have a pic of what needs doing to run the fd tail lamps and fuel cap cover into an fe ? .

Have read theres some fiddling needed ,,but never seen what .

Know boot lid chrome trim needs swapping over to the narrower raised center section .

Cheers

I was running fd taillights in my zl a few yrs back i just angle grinded the rear panel to fit the taillights not a pro job but worked you could probably unpick the rear panel off a zj zk fc fd & spot weld it to your fe after taking off the original one dont forget the wiring & globes which are wired to the tail lamps the light up nxt to the indicators

Sent from my LG-H340 using Tapatalk

The fuel flap door will fit but from memory i snapped off 1 off the threads so it would fit (youll see what i mean when you do the swap)

When you change the boot trim to fd i think youll have a couple of holes exposed from where the fe one was i just kept the fe bootlid which did look a little out of place also are you keeping the fe rear bar or going xe rear bar? I put all the surrounding trim & xe bar on mine

Theres some pics of mine in the showroom under "show us ur fairlanes/LTDs

Hmmmm ,

Starting to talk myself out of this now .

Didn't realise the bumper would need swapping out as well . My bumper and side trim is in good nic .

I thought itd be a simple swap out .

+ id loose the good reverse lights ,,,,, narrow driveway mine , between brick wall and fence ,,, bout 6 inches either side of the mirrors