robcontracts

Falcon - Fairmont - XE - ZK - FD Fusable Link - AMP Rating ?

Hi people,

Trying to work out what AMP rating the fusible link is for the XE Falcon / Fairmont. Plan is install either a large fuse like a ANL style or Circuit Breaker.

I don't have the orignal Twin Yellow fuseable link, 

According to the Service Manual it shows a 2.0mm & 1.2mm - 200mm Fusible Long

It did have 2 x Yellow wires , did not notice back then if they had been different thicknesses thou...

Any idea ? i would be good to know , and not just put in what ever..

Cheeers in advanced

R

post-10878-0-65992600-1487254929_thumb.jpg

Cheers !

And thanks for welcome... yer I really need to either find and calculate some how what the actual rating is if possible... for some reason I thought 60AMP but like you said could be right 80AMP..

. Its a shame the book just does not simply tell you?!!!! reason I want to make sure as dont want to burn the car down after bloody work!

R

I have created a birds nest of in the engine bay, and doing a cleanup so thought best do it right 3rd time around.....

Not able to work out how to add a picture to this msg ?..... anyway time for FOOD!

To add a picture you need to get a photobucket or imageshack account and up load your photos there.

From there you can copy the image link code and paste it in your post to display the picture.

Apparently if you use tapatalk from your phone you can upload pictures that way somehow.