GspecZL

My big Beastie

10 posts in this topic

So this is a bit of a long term project. I bought it very cheap about 2 years ago. I originally went to look at it as a parts car but as soon as I saw it I knew it was to good.

So its a 1984 landcruiser GX 60 series. Running an engineered 350 chev. It has no rust issues decent paint and a 5 speed from a 75 series.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y600-U151 using Tapatalk

Anyway so far I ripped off the fire breathing 650 holley because it kept catching fire. I'm running a quadrajet because they are quite good for 4x4 applications. I have put the enormous kaymar rear bar on from my old blue landcruiser and Aldo the ARB winch bar on the front.

When I picked it up it hadn't run in a few years. So its been a battle with little issues. I replaced the original holley with the last one. But it was also a dud.

I got the quadrajet on eBay new but secondhand very cheap.

The gas system it had appears to be blocked so only running petrol so far which suits me.

When I got it. It only had silly 30 inch tyres on silly little sunrasias. So for now it has 31s on it. A woefully cheap rear wheel carrier and also a lame bull bar.

9a33858a2bf06bb9e01fb26af3cdaf1d.jpg

299a8e4506c6f279da92afda9608fd89.jpge74d30e529d88a85a198f66aaebeb39e.jpg

Fortunately it did have a CB radio for annoying truckies and a sunroof. A decent sound system and a rear air locker and I even found a new colour and decal matched tail gate.

Awesome project.. v8 60 series - cant go wrong with that

Look forward to seeing more of this in future

Cheers Robbie. Its been getting a lot of attention lately so should have more big updates next week.

robbie likes this

Next on this list is sort out the overheating which should be just a thermostat. A good tune. And a thorough service.

Then maybe sort a proper exhaust. I chopped the stupid looking one off at the diff so she is a bit noisy.

So my "new still in box" Quadrajet was a bust. The person I bought it off can go jump off a bridge. It has a cracked housing so its a lovely paper weight now. He has decided to stop responding to messages to. I hope a quadrajet grows in his rectum.

So I bought a crapped out quadrajet to swap all the new parts onto. So far none are compatible.

So I'm back to the leaky fire catching Holley. Its official I hate carbys.

gerg and Outback Jack like this

Might as well update this to. I had this running very well for a while. Goes great and is a ball to drive. Then a mate offered to tidy up a few issues on it. Which has blown out to several months and a stack more money then i would have ever wanted to spend. Apparently its almost ready to roll again.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Outback Jack likes this

Tough luck on the carby mate, that sucks. I've had reasonably good luck with Ebay second-handies but they are what they are: used carbys. But to be sold a "brand new" one that's faulty, that's a dog act.

Do you know why the Holley leaks?

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Slow250XC likes this