Server maintenance Read more... ×
The Kelvinator

Panel Van Tailgates and Barn Doors

Ok so Id thought Id start a thread for those of us who are panno mad. What does your van have? My XF has barns and my XD has tailgates. Im trying to figure out a way to have a handle on the inside of the upper tailgate so it makes it easier for camping.

Anyone got any ideas? share the things you have done or want to do! Keep on vannin!

id sell my soul for tailgates, but havin said that i nearly have everything i need.

im with johno, we found some decent 12v latches on eBay which would work a treat and realy smooth out the look of the back. if you install a duel battery set up with the proper little gizmos so one will always have charge, there wouldnt be a problem with electric latches.

i also want to install an electric actuator or 2 so i can open and close the upper tailgate from an electric window switch or something similar. that way when ya cruisin down the highway with the gate up and you come to some dust or rain or what ever you can shut it without stopping, pritty trick i recon

My XD panelvan has tailgate rear. I am planning to replace the old struts with gas struts. Also thinking about possible ways to ad and internal handle. Wonder if a caravan parts place would do a double-sided T-handle, lockable from inside/out...