dougie77

AU windsor into 2000 courier

Hey guys I'm trying to find out what I need wiring wise to make an AU V8 and auto work in a 2000 courier. First does anyone make a loom to make it work. Second what do the engine and trans need to see to make them work properly 

Cheers 

Au 5.0 uses the engine ecu to control the transfer so you don't need a separate trans controller like E-series 5.0 do, you'll want an engine bay loom with the fuse box also having the dash loom can't hurt you'll want a j3 chip to turn off smartlock or smartshield depending on the year of the ecu

Thom

You seem to be the person to ask  about AU  5 litre V8,  I am currently fitting this motor from 2000 Fairlane to a Porsche 4 speed transaxle to install into a GT40 replica I have pretty much worked out all the connections except ECU pins 15 and 16 which on all wiring diagrams I have found so far say BUS + and BUS -  but I have not been able to find anybody to advise me what these are.

I am hoping you can help

Regards

Thom
You seem to be the person to ask  about AU  5 litre V8,  I am currently fitting this motor from 2000 Fairlane to a Porsche 4 speed transaxle to install into a GT40 replica I have pretty much worked out all the connections except ECU pins 15 and 16 which on all wiring diagrams I have found so far say BUS + and BUS -  but I have not been able to find anybody to advise me what these are.
I am hoping you can help
Regards
I wish I could but I'm afraid I don't know the answer, the closest I could give you is a lead on a user of ford forums that used to be called whiteau5.0ghia, but I have no idea if he's still active or if he has the same username