Server maintenance Read more... ×
hendrixhc

Give me a shopping list - XG turbo ute

I put a AU engine into a ED years ago and used all the ed manifold, dizzy ect. Piece of cake, took abit off the front of the au alloy sump and it went straight in.

Yep use the ignition setup off your current donk, it'll go straight in. Then burn the coil packs and throw them in the bin, shit things they are!

That log manifold isn't the best it's just an open pipe with front & back cylinders feeding into each other and then the exhaust gases being forced around a sharp corner with the flange welded on the side of the pipe. There's also no such thing as an M24 turbo, that tells you nothing, it's a casting number or some sort of number used on Garrett compressor covers. You would be asking for a photo of the ID tag to identify the turbo specs and prove it's a Garrett too.

you'd be buying debt right there .... save and do it once, do it right

6boost turbo manifold, BA Garret Turbo and the hot side is done, the XG intake is very nice for a turbo application, get the bottom end sorted and it will cost you under 5k to go turbo properly, else you will put your foot through it and you will cry

that eBay exhaust manifold is crap, probably $100, the turbo is a knock off, probably another $150 ... you'd be buying debt 

If your trying to sort turbos . May I suggest look for old bush bearing to4b or air research .

I have seen hundreds on gumtree , rebuilt then never used as there not the "in" thing .

It Will last you for years , will serve your purpose , and can be found for under $400 .

A friends el has a home made collector manifold , xr6t injectors , cheep eBay fuel reg , walbro 225 , eBay t04z , nock off turbo smart wastegate .

Manuel gear box , standard motor and a chipped standard computer .

It ran 10psi , tune was horrid , all up had spent under $2000 and it ran and drove great until the old boost bug set in.

I've found if you can do the fabrication you can build something fairly cheep that can be reliable .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive noticed that most of the exhaust outlet flanges for the turbo are 63mm ( 2.5") diameter.

Is a 2.5 inch sytem suitable for a turbo engine or should you go a 3"?

Ive noticed that most of the exhaust outlet flanges for the turbo are 63mm ( 2.5") diameter.

Is a 2.5 inch sytem suitable for a turbo engine or should you go a 3"?

With only one muffler it would be okay , bigger is better .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the 5 bolt outlet flange its it acceptable to use one of these with a 2.5- 3" adapter welded in place to the dump pipe?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/T3-T3-T4-5-BOLT-TURBO-OUTLET-EXHAUST-DOWNPIPE-FLANGE-ADAPTER-MILD-STEEL-/161577536794?hash=item259ec58d1a:g:ZHMAAOSw1vlUyJSY

The turbo i have has an internal waste gate.

Can you put up a pic of the back of the turbine housing? If you have a straight copy of the Garrett XR6T gt3582r, the turbine housing should have the wastegate flap incorporated into the housing. Ideally you don't want the wastegate gasses going into a flat plate and squeezing out. You would want an open flange that has a section of pipe allowing the wastegate gasses to merge with the turbine gasses more smoothly or a divorced dump pipe. Like this :04.jpg

That's an aftermarket divorced dump pipe- the turbine and wastegate gasses are completely divided and have their own pipes. The factory dump pipe is cast iron. That one there would be worth a look because even if it didn't quite fit, a bit of cutting, grinding and welding would sort it out.

I bought that exact flange for mine. Of course I haven't got anywhere near doing anything with it apart from size everything up. When you get the flange it doesn't take mush to work out how to make it happen. A couple of mandrel bends and squeeze some big diameter pipe in the vice and knock it around with a hammer and dolly and you will have something that functions just fine.

I'd go that way rather than cutting and shutting off something else. It just works out easier I find. That one in the eBay add is a pretty good example of what to do in my opinion.