Jafia

NC Fairlaine Towing Capacity...

Not entirely sure where to post this so I hope in here is okay :)

So, at the risk of sounding like a dumb female here :P I am just trying to work out a few things with my NC Fairlane Ghia...

In a few weeks, if things go as hoped, I should be moving soon, Whoo, now more dirt roads and 'off road' driving for poor old squeak, I am planning on hooking up a trailer and moving that way to save $$$, plus I am a tight arse lol.

There are two options for caged trailers, a 8 x 5 or a 15 x 6. I am just wondering being a Ghia which trailer would be best to use, or better still, the max towing capacity for the old girl, as I don't want to put too much strain on the engine. If it was the old EA Falcon I use to have I would've chucked the large trailer on it as that car before I bought it off my folks towed a 18ft caravan.

However, this is a significantly different car, and am just curious....

Any input would be appreciated :)

What style tow bar set up do you have ,,?

Two bolts from underneath the tow " tounge "

Or a square box tube that the second shaft " tounge" slips into ,,?

My recomendation for towing is not wrecking your daily driver..or your back..
hire a truck with a tailgate lift, do it in one trip instead of 7(saving fuel for tightass reasons)

and return the truck with the knowledge your car hasnt suffered at all.

would depend where you are going, but i'd do that even if i had to drive 100km just to get a truck.

Dex - This pic shows the towball on my car, probably not the best pic, but it's a bit too dark out now for a better pic.

20161118_101350_zpsuidasqxi.jpg

Dean, - I understand where you're coming from, however due to location, the nearest truck hire company is around 160km away, and all have 'limits' of around 100km per day, after that limit they charge you through the butt per extra km. :/

Sorry for some reason I cant get the pic to show :/

May be wrong ,,,,

" happened twice on new years "

But thats only the 1200 kg tow bar yeah ,,?

" can you spot a sortta chromey sticker on the top of the main body of the bolt up section of the bar ,,?

Would be thinking more alined to this ,,

2300 kilo one

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-NA-NC-FAIRLANE-GHIA-HAYMEN-REECE-2300KG-TOW-BAR-KIT-W-BOLTS-/222260061778?fits=Make%3AFord%7CPlat_Gen%3ANC&hash=item33bfbb6652%3Ag%3ABmgAAOSw4shX5lZG&_trkparms=pageci%253A9dc2e1df-dbef-11e6-9568-74dbd180afc6%257Cparentrq%253Aa776a3051590a78849904094ffb6b3a3%257Ciid%253A1

For larger trailers/ loads

But that comes down to what sort of loads your thinking on bunging in the trailer each time ,,,

And hilly going ,,?

Transmission cooler ,,, or stock ,,?

Well I'm a complete twit, after taking a closer look at my towball, and clearing some dust it states the capacity on it... 1200kg, Stupid female moment perhaps?

The sooner I get away from dirt roads the better.

So that being said I think the smaller sized trailer would be the better idea.

Probably the heaviest items are the fridge, bed and couch.

I'm moving size wise the equivalent of a two bedroom house, so not exactly a lot and I always spread the heavier items out across the loads anyway :)

Dusty but straight looking fairlane ..

Cheers. When she's been washed, she looks like a completely different car, pity it doesn't stay clean for very long.

She's also a dream to drive, best car I ever owned, driving along the highways around here I have to make sure I engage cruise control, otherwise I find I'm doing 120km/h instead of 100 lol.

For her age, she's in pretty good nick :)