scottly

Borgwarner 35 service & adjustments

I pulled the auto out of my blue xe on the weekend to change the flex plate as it was missing teeth. Does any one know if there is any common faults I should address while there gearbox is out?, I plan to adjusts the bands and change the filter pan seal. Thanks guys

Need to do mine ,,

Just finding it hard to justify the cost of the " low " torque wrench cost ,,

For effectively a one use tool .

Spose the question everyone is thinking ,,,,,

" what sort of driving ,,,,,or abuce are you looking to do with said gearbox ,,?

First/ reverse servo can spit the O ring ,, or shatter the whole servo bucket arrangement ..

Ie loose first and or reverse ..

Thanks for the replys fellas, the xe is original 4.1 auto with no mods and it will stay that way until its ready for a major driveline upgrade, so I won't be doing the rear main seal or doing the rear welch plug as it only has to pass a road worthy. So dex this O ring that fails does this come in the service kit or will I have to purchase it seperatly and is it easy to locate? I've clever worked with autos before, interesting info I didn't know a low torque wrench even existed damn another tool to buy lol

The servo is like a drum/tube is easy to see ,,

Bout 10cm across

Has a piston in it , with an arm activating it ,

Will find a pic to suit ,,

Modulator on them can bugger up too ,,

if that welsh plug rusts through.. you'll have yourself to blame.. guess how you replace it.. gearbox out again.(after overheating the engine? or tow truck home perhaps?.(ask how i know this.... i have had 3 leak over the 20 or so x series i have had)

Thanks for the link I'm going to pull the pan off today and have a look. I would do the Welch plug if I was keeping the car a 250 but it only has to pass a road worthy and a few small drives that's it

So the oil in the bottom of the pan isn't a nice color small amount of metal shavings. The O ring is really good condition aswell should I be checking any thing else while it's apart? B51B09EF-3E13-4854-8571-4128809AAFCD_zpsC001A234-5E18-47C8-8F3E-547BAAC25B1F_zps135E6060-8D8A-4D32-98C5-3103468D8B5E_zps

Cool looks like I'll put it back together tomorrow hopefully, yes the pan still had the magnet to. Will be interesting to see if the band adjustments changes how the gearbox behaved.