hellenikboy

250 to 351 Vacumn Question

Hey guys,

Got a few questions regarding the vacumn hoses coming out of the dash to the old 250. When I chuck in the 351 I want to make sure that all my heating and a/c is working correct.

I have one set of vacumn hose from inside the car that connect to this red tree in the picture and I have another vacumn hose that connects to this solenoid. Does anyone know what should I do with these when the 351 goes in?

IMG_20170116_202947.jpg

IMG_20170116_202902.jpg

Plus where does everyone connect their carbon canister on the 351? Is it worth connecting straight into the carby? or just removing completely. The car is the Victorian car, Auto with A/C from factory if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Anthony

Hey Hellenikboy

If you block them off you won't heater controls.

One goes to the heater tap on the inlet hose and one to vaccum manifold

swap them around till you get heater controls

With the carbon cannister it all depends on how much respect the environment

Cheers

post-9841-0-95327200-1484639062_thumb.jpg

the red one is for air con and works inconjunction with the electrical soleniod. When Air con turned on it powers up soleniod valve to open manifold vacuum metered to the distributor to up the timing to prevent over heating and bad idle. If your not running air con dont bother with it. As for the other I think it is for vacuum  on webber carby as is temperature operated to act at various temps. think to richen.

Not sure if required on V8 depends on carby.