Server maintenance Read more... ×
Mr Polson

Bumper Repair/Paint

So a couple of weeks back Hannah decided to pitch the G6E against a brick mailbox.

Thankfully the only casualty was the headlight protector, but the bumper did also suffer some superficial damage.

Now it's not worth the excess to do an insurance claim, so just wondering what best way to fix it will be. It did take all the paint off in a couple of spots.

Pics below

4e42f2b7985604ee8b90f2c5b82fcd4b.jpg

d75843e0eb6fc2575f07f796dc4efa80.jpg

f2b01af079cca7fd410c9d1afd9a541a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Some of that may polish out....

The deeper ones as a quick fix get some paint that matches and with a small brush fill the scratch (may take a couple days over a weekend doing it in several layers once the previous layer has dried.... then wet sand lightly with 1500 or 2000 til level and then polish it. You may still see it up close but most people wont pick it from a small distance...

Do you guys have the mobile touch up blokes over there? They would fix that up for a few hundred.

Otherwise I agree with Jim, slowly fill it all with paint then wet sand smooth and polish.  Wont be perfect but should be tidy.

^^^what he said lol

For what your doin you'd be fine with normal protection gear. If you don't have a mask, the good charcoal filtered 3m face masks will cope with the short-term use on this job.

Whether they contain isocyanate would depend on the brand. It's usually only in the clear and is a build up type of problem (long-term exposure)

Thanks for the advice guys.

Dan, didn't even think of a mobile touch up service. Might look into it.

Otherwise doesn't sound too difficult to fix myself.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk