Butcha

AODE into xe

Has any one put one of these into an xe? I know they are bigger than the c4/c6/fmx box..might foul on the trans tunnel?

It will go behind me 393 clevo with 4.11 diff. Will prob need a 4-5000 stall to complete the deal.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

i had one behind a stock 351 about 20yrs ago, it just fits with no mods(could trim a bit of the cross member body bracket if wanted more room.. )

getting the TV rod(kickdown rod thing) set up properly is very important, or it will go straight into 4th gear when moving if not fitted, or hold gears too long if set too sensitive..(kind of like a TPS on a efi car probably?)

i didn't like it personally.. thought it took too long to come out of overdrive when you floored it on the highway..

i'd have one in a F100 tow truck or similar..

i have heard of them being tricked up etc.. but not sure how good they can be

I assume you had the aod the non electronic ones? Im looking at putting the electronic version in with lockup converter which has a controller vs tv cable.

From what i can find they are easy and cheap to beef up for 650+hp.

Did you have extractors on em?

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

I saw a smik XE at Phils auto in Newcastle few weeks ago running a decent 351' and AOD but box was out as apparently it was leaking n it's common on them.. I had one behind a 68' mustang 302 Windsor n was sweet I jus don't think they handle huge power real well