Panko

Urgent: Panel beaters who deals with insurance companies - Melbourne

Hi Guys, 

Today I had the unfortunate luck of having my pride and joy, my XF run into from behind. Its drivable, so I got it home. 

There is a bit of hope its repairable, but i need to get it assessed. Its insured with Shannons so i have choice of repairer. I'm looking for a panel beater around melbourne who will work on older stuff, and deal with insurance companies, in this case Shannons.

recommendations please

My suggestion would be Matt's shop in Bayswater, where you took Gerrys coupe.

I reckon the wags would be safe there and in good hands, with Rod and Matt on the case.

You have choice of repairer anyways don't you?

And btw.... that's terrible, how on earth did someone run into it?

You hardly drive the thing nowadays.

I'm feeling sad for you dude. :(

Ive akready spoken with Rod. He think its repairable, needs to be stretched. So needs to go somewhere with floor rack.

It will be going through insurance, so i need someone who deals with insurance jobs. Rod doesnt, which is fair.

Yeah im heartbroken, im sore and is going through hell at the moment, and when i thought things couldnt get any worse, this really just topped it

I reckon Matt would know someone with a Car-o-liner or similar chassis jig, for that portion of the job.

You could always just get a payout from the insurance co,

and use the money to get it repaired yourself, how you want it done.

What do Shannons currently value it at - $10k?

Well i need to do some ringing around to find someone.

Its insured for $6500 (agreed value). If i get the pay out and take it back, they take the value of it as a damaged car, out of the agreed value.

But ill see.

So anyone else have someone they can reccomend. If i take a pay out then it doesnt matter if the repairer deals with insurance companies or not. But id rather it not be written off, otherwise i have to start all over with rego.

I didn't think cars over 15yrs old, went on the written off vehicle register? (hence needing a VIV)

Surely they could leave it rego'd, if you ended up getting paid out for it.

In Tassie I believe its 15 years plus don't go on a written off record.

But the insurance companies will normally cash the rego in and either claim the money for themselves towards your costs or forward the money to you.

And if they deem it a repairable write off it'd have the rego cancelled because it would have to go through detailed rebuild processes.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Sorry to read about this Panko.

Find out every scrap of information you can on it insurance wise. Insurance company may pay up to a dollar figure to fix it, but might also be happy for you to kick in some coin yourself to get work done.

I've only heard that in rare circumstances happening though.

Is paying the extra to get it fixed something you might consider? Especially seeings as this car holds so much centimental value to you!

Hey, ive taken it to Glossworks (run by Thanos from old xfalcon days SIKXE8) he was devastated to see it. Hes going to try sweet talk the Shannons assessor, then pending the result, i might bargain with them to pay extra to have it fixed.