gerg

The Gergwagon Revamp

447 posts in this topic

I'm mid blue mountains, 45 mins drive from you. Come and get it, it's free cut it up!!

Come to think of it, that lower section on mine is a different colour all the way up to the bumper strip. I wonder if they've bogged it up and spray-canned over it. Might be a good idea to grab it off you. Sure then... I'll tee it up later in the week. I've got Friday off so that makes things easier. Any bits that you might be after? Not likely to have them but you never know!

Friday is perfect, it's my lawn mowing day so I'll be home. Last time I mowed I found a bw35!

Yes deadly serious mate. My sis lives at north lakes so dropping at your brothers would not be a problem. I'd rather give it to someone than send it to China to be turned into a Hyundai. Road trip is on for Feb anyway and a bit of weight in the trailer on the way down would be a help.

I'll have to make a trip down to Sydney to pick up a whole lot of stuff soonish. I've just got an AU ute so carting it down won't be an issue. It works out well
ando76 and gerg like this

Long live the long roofs!I always used to dislike the x series wagons, then I bought one and now I'd feel lost without one.Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I always admired them. Then I got one and now I want another. Ah the practicality

First time I really looked at one was when I was 15 and saw an XF wags at a car yard. What struck me the most out of anything was the amount of room inside. You could play a game of cricket in there! Dad got the XF Fairmont sedan in the end which was a great car in itself.

GspecZL likes this

First time I really looked at one was when I was 15 and saw an XF wags at a car yard. What struck me the most out of anything was the amount of room inside. You could play a game of cricket in there! Dad got the XF Fairmont sedan in the end which was a great car in itself.

We had an XE eclipse sedan. I loved that car. Blue over white my friends dad had the identical car. I love how much room they have. I think if the cursed wagon doesn't make it to daily duties I'll Be buying another ford wagon.

gerg likes this

Ford wagons are definitely the bomb, I so miss the room of my el wagon.

I have fond memories as a kid of my uncles monza red 250 single rail 8 seater xd wagon with the rear facing seats in the cargo area. My cousins and I would always fight for the rear seats so we could be little rat bags and pull face and flip the bird to the cars behind. My uncle is a bit of a shit bag himself so he'd usually be egging us on

gerg and GspecZL like this

Ford wagons are definitely the bomb, I so miss the room of my el wagon.

I have fond memories as a kid of my uncles monza red 250 single rail 8 seater xd wagon with the rear facing seats in the cargo area. My cousins and I would always fight for the rear seats so we could be little rat bags and pull face and flip the bird to the cars behind. My uncle is a bit of a shit bag himself so he'd usually be egging us on

Haha my uncle had a Volvo with those seats. Was good fun back there. Even if it was a Volvo.

Gerg Do you drive the Gerg wagon daily?

Gerg Do you drive the Gerg wagon daily?

Yep sure do, it's a 95k round trip to work, but I also get kids from school, cart shit around like gyprock sheets, timber, building materials, furniture, etc. you should see the shit I pulled out from under the back seat! I love having the tailgate up a bit to fit stuff in and listening to the exhausts while I give it a bit. Sounds nice! You get a bit high on the old school fumes though

I love having the tailgate up a bit to fit stuff in and listening to the exhausts while I give it a bit. Sounds nice! You get a bit high on the old school fumes though

Is it a V8 wags Greg?

I like that as a daily. I think you have sold me on getting the cursed wagon up to daily duties. Might try cruising with my tailgate open those fumes are nothing with oily smell mine makes.

Dave sure loves his aircon.

gerg and SPArKy_Dave like this

<br />Please tell me it's got a twin system on it, nuthin' beats listening to a Clevo in stereo!!

<br />Yep sure has, made it from bits of BA ute exhaust and even made my own mufflers out of the casings of several cats, similar to Flowmasters. Has tri-Ys in it too. http://www.ozfalcon.com.au/index.php?/topic/478-V8-Exhaust-Note/page__view__findpost__p__116271
SirkWhyXF and GspecZL like this

Sounds good bro, WAY better than listening to that fkn dog yapping in the vid! lol.

I love the sound of a twin system at cruizin' speed, nuthin' more relaxing, then give it shit and run through the gears to remember you're alive.... oh yeah!!

GspecZL likes this

I like this one -

Lol it only had about 50k on it there, but I was never happy with the heads from new. The smoke has settled down since then but I still plan on doing them up. Still haven't got a decent vid to capture the sound. It's much better than this.

FOMOCOHO likes this

I hear BGDAVs got a pair of 44s he's not using anymore, they sound pretty nasty!!

already sold..

needed cash for fitup of the new ones...

if Dave says something is getting changed, make an offer asap if interested in the old stuff.

i didn't buy them, although one on a XG XR6 might have sounded good