gerg

The Gergwagon Revamp

380 posts in this topic

You won't notice it as much when you've got the wipers, new windscreen and leaf guard thingy in. Your eye is drawn to it because it's all bare and the windscreen is white. I think it will look fine.
Yeah I figured that to an extent, but Josh is keen and I'm also not happy with the finish of the black (rough as). I'll get his input and see what happens.
looks like seagulls have sat on top and let go bahahahaaaaaaa:huh:
At least they missed the paint. Otherwise, I would've shot, plucked and roasted the cunts for dinner... And I'm vegetarian!

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Outback Jack, XPT and CHESTNUTXE like this

Maybe on manly beach there is a xe wagon that they love to sit on lol or chooks on a farm i bet somwhere the is wicked xa coupe just sitting in shed with crap all over it

Maybe on manly beach there is a xe wagon that they love to sit on lol or chooks on a farm i bet somwhere the is wicked xa coupe just sitting in shed with crap all over it

I've heard of a Shelby GT500 that was found like that... *sigh*

CHESTNUTXE likes this

The blackout looks cool mate, thats a neat idea i hadnt noticed on the phase 6 before. Like said I think the edges wont be as noticeable once everything's in place.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

gerg likes this

The blackout looks cool mate, thats a neat idea i hadnt noticed on the phase 6 before. Like said I think the edges wont be as noticeable once everything's in place.

Thanks mate, it was just a solution to a bad surface in that area. If in doubt, black it out!

Thanks mate, it was just a solution to a bad surface in that area. If in doubt, black it out!

Haha words to live by

gerg likes this

Looking good!
Hit those taillights with the polisher and some polish, they will come up like new!
Done and done, waxed too. 1,000,000% better than my old ones for sure.

Slow250XC and Valvebouncer like this

When do we get pics of the whole thing? Stop teasing.
Maybe when it's on its feet again I'll drive it out into the open. A bit squeezy down the side of the house to get a good shot y'see

Free.51 and SLO247 like this

Looks good, glad it all worked out
I'll get your gun back to you ASAP mate, thanks again!

Man that came up awesome. I like the black outs. Add some over all depth to the car. I don't think I'd have the patience to do a decent backyard paint job like that. I just want to drive to soon.

Sent from my 5046I using Tapatalk

gerg likes this

Man that came up awesome. I like the black outs. Add some over all depth to the car. I don't think I'd have the patience to do a decent backyard paint job like that. I just want to drive to soon.

Sent from my 5046I using Tapatalk

Thanks mate, and believe me, I ran out of patience a long time ago. I too just want to drive it. I bloody miss it!

Thread hijacking.... saw this on fb and thought of your coupe. Can't remember where you stashed the thread so here it is.

b74e359db6d2a92fdd72b773f0347631.jpg

Make a 1/18th scale version of the custom coupe!

The resemblance is uncanny! Not a bad idea either.

2redrovers and Slow250XC like this

Did a little spring flip, started out as 5-leaf ute springs: 1st (bottom) leaf flipped with the 2nd leaf already removed before. Factory dummy spring also in place (ie lowering block). Should give a subtle drop less than 1 inch. 21908ac9ba5ac00878670b0e283b9091.jpg

SLO247, ando76 and Valvebouncer like this

i'm surprised i never tried this leave flip trick.. i've often left things as they were or lowered with blocks in the past though.

interested to hear how they feel, if any different

gerg likes this

i'm surprised i never tried this leave flip trick.. i've often left things as they were or lowered with blocks in the past though.
interested to hear how they feel, if any different

As soon as I (fucking finally) get this thing back on the road I'll let everyone know. Interested to see it myself.

Going by the many forums that I've scoured on the subject, there are a few different methods of flipping.

The most extreme is the hot rodders one where they take the main leaf and invert it, giving not only the reversed tension that flipping provides but also putting the spring eyes under the leaf, not over. Straight away this gives about a 4" drop. This isn't what I would do as the weight of the car is trying to unwrap the eyes and worsens on bumps. Could result in some fatigue fractures in time.

Some take the 2nd or 3rd one from the bottom and flip it to the top, or multiple ones in the pack. normally (on average) gives a 2" drop. I'm after much less than that, hence the smallest one being flipped only.

In all cases, the spring rate actually decreases, because any leaf acting above the main one does not support any load. The flipped leaf is just there to oppose the rest of the pack and provide a spacer of sorts for the axle to sit higher, lowering the car. The difference is, although the axle centre is raised in relation to the spring, the length of the flipped leaf acts to spread torque loads along the pack and help control spring windup, something that lowering blocks can be notorious for creating.

I hope it isn't too squishy as the axle thumping upwards might collect the exhausts or something. Maybe a good set of shocks is on the eBay horizon.