CHESTNUTXE

XG blank column

I would think an xf one would be the same other than the ign barrel Assy..

Should undo and bolt up with a bit of mucking around removing the security sheer bolt.

Fitting the shroud should not be too hard I would guess... If you have a grinder

Don't know for sure but I can tell you I have changed a xe steering column from coloum shift to non coloum and then fitted xg tibbe lock ignition using xg shrouds. So there may be slight differnce but not major

Dale

i was just down the wreckers and i found a blank eb-ed column and a xf  they seem to be the same but the ed has the adjustable up and down ,but the real question is will a ea-ed column fit a xg with a steering box,cause the others had a rack ,unless they all line up the same ? i no when i changed my xe from column non power steer to power steer i needed the correct colomn because of the crush sleeve or something like that ?WP_20161206_09_42_39_Pro_zpsecaspw9j.jpg

i was just down the wreckers and i found a blank eb-ed column and a xf  they seem to be the same but the ed has the adjustable up and down ,but the real question is will a ea-ed column fit a xg with a steering box,cause the others had a rack ,unless they all line up the same ? i no when i changed my xe from column non power steer to power steer i needed the correct colomn because of the crush sleeve or something like that ?WP_20161206_09_42_39_Pro_zpsecaspw9j.jpg

they both look XF columns to Me.. (top one adjustable, column auto never were adjustable unless maybe on XG?)due to the flange for steering box(might be XG on the top even, the lock assy is gone.

you dont need to change the steering column for manual to power steering, the coupling end slides in and out (tight fit)

if you are running a clevo you wont need any of the smart lock stuff, so can use an XF ign lock(or a rocker switch and a start button if ts only going on a track..)