dex

dex's fe ltd

150 posts in this topic

well ,, 

all this talk about fords has led me to another ...

300 meters away in a shed was this hidden away . 

couldnt help myself , after a few views , sideways glances and just outright gorking ,, i wanted it .

not everyones cup'o joe , being the fe ,, but stuff it ,, it was neat , sortta tidy ,, and there at the right time . 

bloke was fair in his dealings ,, got near a g off the asking price ,, after an ownus of mine that it be pit passed , and ready for rego on the spot .. 

even after me regoing , and transfer ,, i ended up $700 under the original selling price ...bonus . 

surfice to say that it cost me under $2000 ,, on the road . 

few things need tidying up ,," as with any car this age ,,,,, i wont say old ,,," but all n all , im happy with my score .

it being the ex prem of tas car adds to the giggles ..

ltd%201_zpsmgdzk90u.jpg

ltd3_zpsvx62b6ie.jpg

ltd%202_zpsi9jha4vp.jpg

next few days will be to touch up paint ,, full claybar , polish n wax ,,

clean out the interior of dust ,, " get the missing ciggy lighters "

install the rear ventien  ..

now .. fixing on lowering a bit ,, like 5 ruddy inch's ,, this buggers up there !! 

dunno bout wheels ,, my 17 inch chicanes may look out of place ,,? 

light tint ,,? ..

mate recons id stuff it with these reinstatable mods ,,

thoughts ,,? .

thorne, user272, winton and 1 other like this

On road less than 2g, good score my friend!

What about just removing it the pinstripes, drop it in the weeds, and thin white walls with the stock alloys?

I reckon that would look pretty cool...

cheers sirkwhyxf ,,

yeah the pin stripe ... 

i dont understand the point of it right at the end at the front ,, just the way it loops down and up again ,,

a few of the sellers limos had the same thing ,, thought it be standard ,, or just had them all done at the same time himself ,, will ask tomorrow . 

figuring on alloys , as the clear coat on one or two of the factory wheels is starting to yellow and degrade .. .. 

so be up for , stiripping the clearcoat and then polishing ..

plus why not fill out the arch's a tad ..

could do the kings springs ,, then decide .. 

You know i'm not typically a fan of those style rims but they could look decent on the fe. They are nearly just a big version of the stock rims i suppose. I'd like to see them on there to decide. 

If you can post up a pic of the fe on as similar angle to the one of the rim, even square side on would probably do, i can paste them on for you to get an idea.

They remind me of the rims of a statesman. Can't recall what model. I saw a similar set on a golf in the city this week and immediately thought statesman.

Those are international wheels on the stato, the fe looks good dex but if you decide to stick with the stock wheels you definately need to get the fe centrecaps those NA ones just look out of place imo, there a set of fe wheel on gummie in vic atm for $120 with the proper centrecaps

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/rowville/wheels-tyres-rims/ford-ltd-mag-rims/1129051400?utm_source=com.google.android.apps.docs&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttonsVIP&utm_content=app_android

I didnt even notice that ,

Know the owner had tonnes of wheels ,, and those caps ,, see if i can swap them .

On another note ,,,

Was it a mayan bloke that designed the trip/computer ,,???

Mine goes all the way to 1999 ,,,,,then reverts back to 1984 ..

GspecZL likes this

I didnt even notice that ,

Know the owner had tonnes of wheels ,, and those caps ,, see if i can swap them .

On another note ,,,

Was it a mayan bloke that designed the trip/computer ,,???

Mine goes all the way to 1999 ,,,,,then reverts back to 1984 ..

Mine does that. A bit funny i think. Not Y2K complient. 

Yep, that's all I can think of when I look at them now.

I've ruined them for everyone apparently hahaha

Set the trip comp to 1983,  I think. 

Need to look it up on a perpetual calendar. Think my ZL is set to '83.......fuck, now I can't remember.. maybe it's 1987.

Good score anyways.  :D

GspecZL and dex like this

Yep ,,

Has realy put a dampner on " what i thought would be a smart looking set of wheels " ,,,bugger .

Thought theyd look ok on it ,, not " maggy" but a not outlandish in your face wheel .

And yes ..87 model

Bugger on the trip computer,,

Cannot enter the date or month on it then ,,

Unless there was a year that it was the 26 of November ,, saterday ,,, and it corresponds with the days continually ,,?

Today was suds n rubs ,,

Clean out door jambs ,vac and chamios out ,,etc

Tomorrow after the tas vintage bike rally , will be the start of the big clean up in earnest ..

Its tidy ,, just a tad grubby in spots

Anyone know the safest cleaner to use on the crush velour interior ,,, for door trims etc ,,?

Ohh ,, opened up the owners manuals and service books out of the leather binder ,,

There it was ,,,, premiers dept and cabbinet as original purchasers . ... Big grin ensued ..

SirkWhyXF and PH351 like this

Because you manually chose the date, just make sure the year corresponds with the last/current next leap year.

2016 is a leap year, and 1996 was a leap year, so set it to 1996. That's how I've always done mine.

FYI, the trip comp and digital dash were results of the Ford/Mazda collaboration/partnership/ownership of the time.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk