Server maintenance Read more... ×
CHESTNUTXE

XG CLEVELAND ?

what about the radiator on the xg i think its unique to that engine combo,so a v8 xd or xe one wont fit,has anyone used some other type or do you think the std xg one might be ok ?

i have the opp to buy a cheap complete 5.OL at the wreckers ,roller lifter block,use a set of 2v closed chamber heads i have here and the edelbrock mock boss intake for the boss 302 faker,but is it really worth it ?,i may as well just chuck a 351c in there even tho it woud be much heavier than the windsor,many combo's can be done,or put a 347 stroker kit in and the 2v heads with a bit of work so they mate up with the windsor water passages,but back to square 1 im still at 350 cubes .Also a special boss piston must be used with the cleveland heads,and 289 rods,or you must shave about 030 off the pistons if using the 302 w rods so it says in american mustang 302 boss forums.

done a 100 of these conversion, weld plate to gearbox xmember, problem solved, use x series v8 engine mount plates to stock clevo mounts, elongate holes in front xmember 25 mil forward and do the same to the back of the holes on engine mount plates, this will let the left head clear the heater pipes get rid of xg radiator n fit xd xe v8 style radiator also get rid of xg radiator bolt ,

I have done some research this arvo on a boss 302 copy engine,i can get the 5.0L from the wreckers ,strip it down ,re use the bottom end with a set of cleveland pistons i have here and have 040 shaved off the top of them because the origianl boss 302 had 1.400 pin height and the clevo ones are about 1446 odd,you can use the std 302w rod and that combo ,or trw do a set but i have not been able to find them yet for the 302 rod,the boss 302 used 289 rods with larger bolts and a wicked dome piston giving 12.1,i can use a set of 302c heads here have them modded to suit the windsor and the boss 302 is re-born,i already have enough parts here to complete the combo just a bit of machine work,the block is also a roller lifter 5.0L i wonder will it need different length pushrods and cam ?

Get rid of the efi intake fit a 4bbl manifold il did up my wiring diagram for the dizzy youl need to fit a 3 psi fuel pump but it will run fine however u still need to mods the mounts

i have found the right crossmember i think its out of a early ea with either the t5 or bw35 holes,also a chunky 5 speed big ass steel tailshaft with bigger unis than my auto one,also the yoke is longer so i am hoping this will fit the c4 -c10 box set up ?The tailshaft is out of a xg as well.WP_20161205_12_29_56_Pro_zpsu81vk9ju.jpg

well i checked the tailshaft and its the same as my unis,but havent checked length yet,why is that balancer on the front yoke or is that the way 5 speeds were ?WP_20161205_13_33_17_Pro_zpskrmvlnvv.jpg

varking awsome ,seems the clevo c4 fmx route will be much easier than this as most of the trouble was with the 5.0L and trans,i wont be putting a/c on it,just re routing the power steer to xe v8 lines and pump,why does that tailshaft i got have that balancer on it ?

varking awsome ,seems the clevo c4 fmx route will be much easier than this as most of the trouble was with the 5.0L and trans,i wont be putting a/c on it,just re routing the power steer to xe v8 lines and pump,why does that tailshaft i got have that balancer on it ?

i am fairly sure manuals had the balancer on the tailshaft.

it works fine without it as far as all feedback i have read(i only had one manual car with it. at least 6 i converted using auto tailshafts without issue