CHESTNUTXE

XG CLEVELAND ?

i know the windsor bolts in on the base mounts the same as the XF..(heater pipes foul on clevo heads but not on windsor)

the radiator setup is different at the bottom on an XG, might need to get a bit creative with a radiator(VL commo one might work perhaps)

wont be legal unless on gas perhaps..

gearbox cross member probably wont fit a C10 etc,

ok just thinking down the track to fit a wild engine just for drag's so im not worried about the heater or rego,but would a normal c4 crossmember bolt straight in.

not sure on cross member mounting, it looks different to everything else X series.. i would guess its further back than an X series XA to XF though.. get the welder out

Those btrs are incredibly hard to get running without using a factory ecu (and trans computer in 5.0 cars) but they do bolt to a cleveland and a c10 flex plate has the house in the correct position for the BTR converter

The clevo will physically fit but you will run into dramas with exhaust and the left hand starter position, nothing off the shelf I'm aware of fits it would be far easier to put a c10 behind it especially if your not planning to street drive it

Thom. I have the pin out to turn those solenoid controlled boxes into a switch auto. We have been using them in the burnout scene (switch autos) for awhile now, mainly to get around the overspeed issue when using a stock computer.

But having said all that the c4, c10 route would be easier.

XG is essentially xf with different radiator support area. No K frame like XH. XH Utes can be a pain cause they were a model on their own. That is guards, bonnet, bumpers and roof line are all different to xg, xh.

Yep. And a set of alloy heads and a good manifold. Those cast heads on the 5.0 injected motors are junk. I've got a complete 5.0 injected motor and auto at work. I bought it to help a mate out who needed some coin. Started researching what was needed to make one go. Got scared and stuck with my crossies. Lol.

i mean the crossmember for a c4 will or it looks like it will bolt straight in to the xg chassis

time will tell.

i'd assume an XE XF one will fit.. but will be in the wrong spot hence using a T5 one or welding an extension plate might be needed.

There is 2 mounting positions on the floor for the crossmember,the btr uses the further back one and the normal crossy or v8 should go straight into the front one,remember the early xg still was using the crossy before late 93

There is 2 mounting positions on the floor for the crossmember,the btr uses the further back one and the normal crossy or v8 should go straight into the front one,remember the early xg still was using the crossy before late 93

the early XG was a 4.0.. 1993 the XG came out.

i had a 1992 XF, that was a crossy.. anything with a crossy is an XF to my understanding i've seen 1993 XFs

sorry yep i ment 1993 ,mine is a 1993 but december build,i think the 4.ol came out in march 93,

i'll have to stick my head under one at the wreckers..

mine is a 1995, i changed the gearbox mount but cant remember what it had other than being different to an XF