Server maintenance Read more... ×
Slow250XC

Pick me a cammy for my crossy

Right so my old cam guy was at SEMA and got back to me today.

Heres the specs for shits n giggles (told you guys it was very mild) lol

In duration@50 200

Ex duration@50 210

In Valve lift .462

Ex Valve lift .488

Centerlines of In 106

Ex 114

Bring on more power haha

Yeah it was good for when i built the engine, dedicated lpg and was the daily/family car.

Now post divorce i have a couple of cars so this hasnt seen daily duties a long time. Strictly fun so will see what suggestions come from my guy and from camtech when they get back to me.

Merry xmas you guys,

Update.

The guys i use through work (so pricing beats camtech, plus no import duty tax) have given me a couple of options.

Will decide after the xmas season exactly what im doing but heres the options :)

224° @ .050” and .515” valve lift,

230°/236° @ .050” and .552” valve lift.

Take care out there

Update :

Due to mrs losing half her hours and life getting in the way aswell, progress has been non existent.

Will try an upload the specsheet of the cam im favouring, see what you more knowledgeable folk think of it.

Edit: thats outside my tech skillset apparently lol

That's going to be a pretty cranky motor there, those specs are getting towards roller specs. One thing: I would be worried about lobe and lifter life with such a steep ramp. The giveaway is the small difference between advertised and 0.050", meaning there's an aggressive ramp up onto the lobe. To keep that kind of motion under control, you'll need some serious valvesprings, putting extra load on the lobe and lifter.

For comparison, the closest Crow grind is the 14619, which has 286/290 advertised, 226/232 @ 0.050" and 0.529/0.548 on a 110 lobe sep. Crow might be a bit outdated in some people's eyes but I think they err on the side of caution.

So yours has less advertised, more @ 0.050", and more lift. I would definitely run a high zinc oil and some moly additive as a precaution.

Depends on what you use the car for of course. If it's your daily, it might be a royal pain in the rectum to drive in traffic but if it's a weekend fun car, totes different story.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Cheers gerg,

i was looking at it and it seemed pretty agro for a hydraulic cam from what little i know, and then i started thinking why not go solid haha which is partly why i hadn't ordered it yet (aside from not having the cash lol).

Will definately be a weekend only car, but dont see the point in having gear that wears out sooner than necessary.

The company im getting my rockers through also do crow cams so may just go back to the 650. Camtech recomended either the 528 or another one which escapes my memory for the moment, i would be dead set on the 528 but by the time the set gets landed and customs has its way with gst etc its just not viable.

On the plus side i scored a tfi dizzy for 10 bucks so can add that to the parts pile :)

230/236 553/556 cam looks alright,

if looking at Crow I'd lean towards 14672 280 231 550" 108LSA, instead of 14650 292 230 522" 113LSA

just looking at NZ cam grinders, Auckland cams has a master No. 167 HYD 290/290 230/230 553/553 110LSA & 582 HYD 293/293 234/234 555/555" 108LSA

Kelford cams have SX165-D 270 225 541" 110lsa & SX165-E 280/280 230/230 560/560" 109?LSA(both part numbers is for a 253/308 cam but will be able to grind for a crossflow)

So its been a while but still going slowly. 

At this stage i'm going to order the kellford 230/236 cam next month. Meant to be getting some toy money soon, which will pay for cam etc plus hopefully 48mm jenvey heritage itbs when they released in late July.

May be overkill but if i dont have to pay the money back then who cares lol so long as house repairs dont interfere with my plans haha

Edit : although the 165e cam looks good, it's a hold... sorry cant say it lol still a chance ill ordet it instead though. Need more whiskey to decide