CHESTNUTXE

RECO2 CLEVO

I just made the (possibly wrong) assumption that they changed over along with the introduction of the crossflow in 76, to meet ADR 27a when the XC came out. This included stuff like retarded cams, lower compression, EGR valves, etc that weren't present on the blue motors.

After cleaning the timing cover i could see someone butcherd it where it meets the oil pan,for first timers that take the cover off it just unbolts and a few wacks she comes off,but you are supposed to undo the sump about 1/4 inch so it will come out easy,i no this cause i fooked mine the first time i changed cam and couldnt get it back on :angry: ,so i will go the wreckers tomorrow and grab a good one.WP_20161024_16_03_08_Pro_zpsgeje8hnc.jpg

Tomorrow i will drop the block, sump,rocker covers,manifold off to the machine shop to clean them right up b4 painting,also expecting rings and bearings to show up.

Maybe you could get a price on bronze guides and press-on seals. If I had my time over, I'd have saved up a bit more and done that instead of keeping with the shitty umbrella seals. The engine started leaking oil through the guides at less than 30,000k. The local cylinder head guy reckons it's modern fuels that do it. Causes the seal to crack in no time.

yeah those teflon seals are good as well,i have a felpro set of normal seals they will be fine in this application,im also thinking of putting these heads on my 351 engine,i have done the math's on the compression calcuator and comes in at 10.64.1 thats if i leave the chambers at 58 odd cc.

I found an original factory replacement chain (lol) the old timing gear was in such good condition ,just the chain had a small amount of play so instead of paying $140 for a double roller i got this one for $14 yee haa.

Got a fair bit done today ,cleaned 4 pistons ,4 valves,re-co the water pump (looks better than new),cleaning those ring grooves is the most time consuming thing to do .WP_20161027_16_51_27_Pro_zpsqbkyyrpe.jpg

You saw how much caked on soot was stuck on these valves,spent about 1hour just on these 4 but well worth the time doing it.They are the std 2.05 intake and 1.65 exhaust.WP_20161027_16_51_38_Pro_zpsyxyjtonl.jpg

Old mate came up from sydney today and popped in to pick up a flywheel and he spotted the ford 4643-3  2 barrel 375 cfm holley that came on the engine,since he no's his stuff he offerd to re-co it for free if he can have the throttle shaft as it was a rare one he said,so when it comes back it will be perfect and clean ready for running.WP_20161024_08_00_35_Pro%201_zpsyjohoneg