Petr Janda

Front & Rear Shocks and Springs for a TF

Hi all,

I would like to update my TFs handling capabilities. This is not a straight-line-only car. I've been looking around for some decent shocks to put in the car. I found Koni rear shocks but I simply can't find anything for the front.

What's the go for shocks and springs on a TF?

Cheers

I'm not a cortina guru, but there is a few of those around here. Koni are definitely one of the better options.

Here's some eBay listings mate, might get you started. http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_odkw=koni+cotina+shocks&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xkoni+cortina+shocks.TRS0&_nkw=koni+cortina+shocks&_sacat=0

Mine needed longer ones to suit my high suspension. The mob I went to didn't have corty shocks (Rallyequip) but they had something close to suit an F100. They were push-in click type adjustables. The only drama was that they were a tad long (even on my high suspension) and had an eye mount on the bottom instead of clevis pin. I just made up some angle iron brackets that both spaced the shock a bit lower on the arm and allowed bolting into place. They were really good shocks, made in USA but can't remember the brand. A good suspension place should get you what you want, and you'd be surprised what weird stuff fits other stuff. My courier takes rodeo shocks front and rear, total bolt-on.