Majorjob

Leaf spring relocation kit for Xp Falcon

Hi everyone,

Has anyone instaled a leaf spring relocation kit on a Xp Falcon?

If so, where was is purchased from and what is involved.

Any information would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Moving the front eye is pretty straightforward. Simple matter of creating another 'inner' bracket similar to the original inner bracket but with a bit of added strength via a gusset inboard towards the tower on both sides. I'd also recommend an additional strengthening sheet on the cabin side of the floor to load share.

Rear rails are not the complex to straighten to align with the new front eye position and can be made from RHS. you can even unpick the originsl rails and move them inboard.

Factor in the cost of a new fuel tank, with recesses for mufflers if it's a street car and also possible new boot floor. It's not a cheap excercise and you still end up with cart Spring suspension.

RRS were doing a complete 'bolt in' 4 link kit rear end from memory. Yes it's not cheap but quality products never are. Your paying for their time in designing the kit and getting it engineered and believe me that costs. If your handy with the mig, have a sheet folder, bead roller, cleco fasteners, big opening vice grips, plenty of beer and a few extra hands you can save yourself a heap of dollars. Even then you will still need to get it engineered if you want to roll with full rego etc etc.

Thanks ando76,

I have seen some kit's used on Mustangs and falcons where you purchase the brackets that mount simply to the inside of the rails, both front and rear, without touching the rails themselves.

I have no doubt that there are other modifications needed but this seemed the cheapest option to fit larger rubber out back. Just haven't seen them for sale in Australia.

I have been eying up the RRS system for some time but cant justify the cost atm.

Thanks again for the info!