Server maintenance Read more... ×
CHESTNUTXE

XE Headlight switchG

Guys can someone tell me does the switch have 2 functions or just 1,only my parkers seem to work when i pull the switch ? im sure my last xe you pull twice 2 get the normal lights right ?,i have never drivin the car at night and wanted to take it for a spin at night and i found only the parkers and high beam were working ?

might be an issue with the blinker switch also as it dips between high and low beam, so it may pay to check there also.. not sure where the wires run from the switch, but they don't have relays to my memory

YUP the high beam wont stay on i have to hold it manualy,the switch will only pull once,i took it apart to look for an easy fix but nope,i might need a new one,nealy 2 years i own this car and never drivin it at night lol.

Check earths first for lo- beam headlights at passengers side radiator support near radiator cap as well as earths at battery for any that have been forgotten to be hooked up if battery ever be replaced they are sensitive to earths.

They dont run any relays for Lo-Hi beam in Xe except for the spot lights on Ghia lights and thats a seperate wiring loom.

I ran relays for my xe ghia for Lo and high seperately and it improved the brightness.

Age of the wiring etc creates resistances and lose amps and voltage.

If that checks out get a mult-meter and check for power at switch. 

Yellow is power. Red with Black stripe is lo-beam . When switch is out it runs power to horn,turn signal,lights dip connector which also runs out to dash lights lo-beam etc

There is a fuse at battery and a  circuit breaker in the fuse box but if you are getting high beam then there be power.

Sounds like the switch is faulty though ?

Hope that make sense without photos but if not someone here should know more

Actually which switch are you using on the dash? Left hand side or the right hand side. They both have similar pictures but one on the left is for spot light/ hi beam and that only clicks once and won't run without Li beam on but works when pull stork manually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just the one on the right banno,the pictures on the switches differ slightly ,when i put the underdash all back together im sure the spottie knob wont go on the normal light stalk they are different fittment.

I checked the switch again and yeah it wont pull out that 2nd time so i will try and find a working one,because my car is a replica i put the ghia loom for the driving lights but they are not wired up yet,so is the factory way to hook them up to the left switch as well with the bosch spotties ?WP_20160915_12_17_19_Pro_zpsxbovgltq.jpg

Correct, driving lights for the ghia are to the light switch on left in the dash. Bosch spotties /fog lamps are same type of switch used but go down next to boot release at fuse panel and wired as such that only go on with ignition on.

I had this prob with my ltd not long ago i cant remember exactly right now what i did but it had to do with the metal screw thingy which screws into the plastic box where u pull & push to turn on parkers/headlamps & turn off it was loose it might be the same as what your experiencing.

now onto the bosch spotties bullfrog sent me some covers but does anyone no if there is ment to be a bosch sticker or emblem on the xe ones ? i no the xd had one.WP_20161004_10_48_07_Pro_zpsouywbukj.jpg

No, they're blank.

Only the XE ESP had logos on the covers, but those were SEV Marchal lights.

It may actually be the case that both Bosch and SEV Marchal could have been fitted to the XE ESP.

Someone else might know..?