Server maintenance Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
XTREME KARTS XF

B&M Shifters

Hey fella's :)

At some stage down the track i want to fit a B&M Megashifter into my XD ute. How hard are they to fit/install??

For those who have a B&M or a similer shifter setup installed, throw up some pics if you like! :)

Easy enough to fit took me about 4 hours to fit one in my grey car I have a poxy little B&M one in the ghia it took I fair bit longer as I made a new cover and recessed into the floor so the consol stil fit over it

Easy enough to fit took me about 4 hours to fit one in my grey car I have a poxy little B&M one in the ghia it took I fair bit longer as I made a new cover and recessed into the floor so the consol stil fit over it

I know this is off topic- is this your ghia with the blower? Have you got a build thread on it? Link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it will only fit a c4 or c6 if you have an fmx or 35/40 BW it wont .

Apparently you can make them fit the FMX 'box, here's a link.

http://therooseveltexperiment.com/blog/2011/06/21/using-a-bm-cable-shifter-with-a-ford-fmx-transmission/

I have the B&M Mega shifter, it's apart at the moment so easy to get pics of so will put some up soon.

Hey fella's :)

At some stage down the track i want to fit a B&M Megashifter into my XD ute. How hard are they to fit/install??

For those who have a B&M or a similer shifter setup installed, throw up some pics if you like! :)

Hey dude, they are pretty easy to fit and setup, they're bolted in with 2 bolts at the front and 2 at the back, the factory shifter hole simply gets plated over and sealed. A larger hole in front of the shifter where the cable goes through will need to be drilled and a grommet fitted to seal the cable.

Pic from driver side: (the only thing really visible from this side is the wiring for the shiter light)

20160818_191552.jpg

Pic from passenger side: (as part of hiding the engine bay wiring i deleted the ugly wiring that goes across the firewall and to the gearbox, these were pulled back into the cabin and run directly to the gearbox under the carpet, wiring for reverse lights and neutral safety switch are on this side, you can also see the wiring that goes through the floor to the speedo sender. What you can't really see is the cable running through the floor in front of the shifter.)

20160818_191415.jpg

Here if you look closely you can see where the cable comes through the floor, it runs around in a loop, goes through a bracket (supplied) bolted to the side of the 'box, and to the selector lever (also supplied).

To fit this you put the 'box in reverse, spin the connector (red) up the threaded rod until it lines up with the selector lever, poke it through and put a washer and splitpin through the other side (i also fitted a nut).

Easier than having a shit.

20160818_191728.jpg

Nice one mate. No they dont make a kit for FMX, I've looked many times. There are numerous vids on Utoob, and a couple of extra brackets to make.

The FMX linkages are on the opposite side to C4, etc. (good to know when you buy a Tbar shifter off ebay). 

Do B&M make a cover plate with PRND21 on the drivers side, for Aussie Fords.?? Who drive on the right side of the road....... :lol:

Do apoligise for the late reply!!

Paull, your setup looks neat, i like it. So it'll be at least a day job to fit an aftermarket shifter?

I still plan on going with the Megashifter and keeping it a 3 seater so i have to ether get the bench seat modified or go back to bucket seats with a dicky seat in the middle.