```

V8 intake manifold

<br />Yep, that looks like a stocky, Clevo, Automatic, 2V, from an XD.<br />

<br />That's the exact one my donk came with before my brother throated it out on the mill to the gasket line. The 351 has larger primary bores. Hard to believe Ford bothered to make different manifolds for 302s and 351s when they only made a few thousand V8s from XC to XE.<br /><br />Curious to know: what makes that one an automatic?

THOSE thermoquads had a tag on em to suit the engine tranny combo,eg..a certain one would only suit a 302 4 speed,althou there was slight difference in choke department between auto a manual,its possible that manifold started in xc but i have only seen em on xd's onwards,i have had 2 xc engines both 302,s with squarebore irons ? probly cause someone changed them sometime,another mate reckons the GXL came with a squarebore but i dont belive that,the whole thing is any of these cast iron manifolds came be swapped with an adaptor to suit any carb set up,just the squarebore ones are becoming scarce.

Possibly then the XC one was the 4-hole spread bore, and XD-XE was the slotted one with 302/351-specific throats in them. Agree that XC GXL would have been thermoquad like the rest, Holleys wouldn't have met emissions post '76

It was my understanding that all the automatics had the larger primaries, (spreadbore) to cope with the lack of power, compared to the squarebore. Mind you, it was the '70's, and all sorts of stuff was swapped and changed as the fuel crisis, the Press, and the GT stopped production.