Server maintenance Read more... ×
```

V8 intake manifold

Hi all,

can anyone identify what this intake manifold is from?

I was told it came off a 302 Cleveland but am having doubts about that?

It was bought to go onto an XD Fairmont with a 302 and Carter Thermoquad,is it suitable?

Also,can it be used as it is now or will it need refurbishing (I am assuming it will?) to get rid of the surface rust etc..?(I am assuming it will?)

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated,

cheers,

Liam.

post-1541-0-23672800-1471218934_thumb.jpg

post-1541-0-53143000-1471218968_thumb.jpg

I would say that is an american cast  CF cleveland foundry 351 manifold,probly early 70's,might suit your app with an adaptor but it might be a 4v headed manifold as there was no 2v 4 barrel manifolds in the states ,cast iron anyway.

ok,didn't think it looked right!

only paid $10 for it so no problem if it doesn't suit ;)

Yep, that's a 4V US piece, to suit Holley square bore, not spread bore like a Carter. Numbers give it away.

D0AE means:

D = 1970s

0 = 1970

A = full-size body

E = engine

9425 = manifold part number

The Aussie 4-barrel 2v piece you're looking for will start with 76DA (can't remember the rest) but Aussie parts had a completely different numbering system.

76 = 1976

DA = Design Australia

You got yourself a bargain there, some resto nut will be looking for a factory 4v manifold somewhere out there, and you can sell it on to them.

You can get an adaptor plate to change from squarebore to spreadbore.

Square%20to%20Spread.png

Should still bolt up, (if you have 4V heads and headers)

Most manual trans cars used the squarebore, (4 holes the same size), and Auto's used the spreadbore. 

Or you could put a D shackle through one of the manifold bolt holes attach a chain to it and a cargo ship could use it as a new anchor! fark them cast iron jobbies are heavy!!!!!!!!

That's why each clevo rocker cover has flats stamped into it. It's actually a step to put your feet on either side while standing on top of the engine to lift the bastard off. Those engineers sure are smart!

Yep, that's a 4V US piece, to suit Holley square bore, not spread bore like a Carter. Numbers give it away.

D0AE means:

D = 1970s

0 = 1970

A = full-size body

E = engine

9425 = manifold part number

The Aussie 4-barrel 2v piece you're looking for will start with 76DA (can't remember the rest) but Aussie parts had a completely different numbering system.

76 = 1976

DA = Design Australia

You got yourself a bargain there, some resto nut will be looking for a factory 4v manifold somewhere out there, and you can sell it on to them.

so what would it be from then?

Fairlane,Falcon,LTD,Maverick,Mustang,Torino??

I am assuming it's from the 351 4V?

XY, XA, XB GT quite possibly, before the XBs went to 2v heads in '74 (I think). If it's been imported, anything's possible. 4V/4-barrel manifolds were always on a 351, all 302s pre-76 were 2V/2-barrel

I've got one, removed my nice AFD (way to big for mild 302 :wacko:) to fit it, found I needed a 1" spacer to clear my fuel rail, refitted the AFD & raced at AFF Drag nats, removed afd again, fitted cast square bore manifold, went to the drags rear valley gasket slipped out, so said stuff it and brought a Performer.

IMG_2582_zpsdfd5c6cd.jpg

note my 4 holes are all the same size and the 2 front ones on ford mans are just a tad smaller this is the way they came from the factory same as the 4v headed one too,when i bought my manifold the bloke said he spent $100 at a machine shop to mill the holes all the same size ???? there must be a reason why ford did this so 2 were a tiny bit smaller.

I think the one with the smaller primary holes is to suit an Autolite 4300, don't quote me on that though. My brother machined my 4-barrel (302 version) where it normally tapers down in the primaries. Reckoned the Aussie iron was as hard as a dog's forehead.