2redrovers

Custom rust repair and patch panels?

I'm starting to look seriously at making parts for people to buy. Common but currently unavailable sections and patches that may be too complicated for the average diy guy to manage on their own.

I'll be making components by hand for the best fit I can possibly achieve. I can't make everything, but if it's feasible, I'll certainly give it a shot. To do this though, I will need to get my hands on a good part to copy.

So two questions for you. Firstly, what patches do you want most? Things like inner door corners such as this one for the torana I'm working on

cbb0c862e1f8c56fc97de5af03a34024.jpg

No one currently makes this part so it was a good starting point.

Secondly, I need an honest indication of what you would pay for the nominated panel? I'm not going for a "highest bid" scenario, just need to be able to gauge what's financially viable. I'm happy to make anything I can for you guys and I'm sure you can all under for example, that I'm unable to put 20hours into a part if it's only worth $100.

So what are you looking for? All suggestions / requests will be considered and price can be negotiated privately if you prefer.

B)

X series stuff, Rod. !!    XA rear tailight area, XD rear window, front A pillars, XA/B bonnet nose, XA/B/C  plenum area, same torana door piece you just made for XA/B, the sort of stuff that hundreds of owners need. Anything on Dartosmobile, will just about cover it.  No Offence Gerry.  :huh:

Yeah I'll be trying to make repeatable templates for the parts I make for the xb, first will probably be the rear corner bit I made the other day.

Does it make a difference in your mind that mine are hand made and not stamped out like rare spares crap? I know you can get an inner door corner like that for some fords from them for around 65. If I made one it would be more than that.

Not to me, but, I'm a tradesman.  Others may have a different tilt on life. The boot corner pieces for XA,B,C hardtops are available from RS, but not for sedans, same with the boot corners above the tailights, same with rear beaver panels.  As the Hardtop is the most popular car to restore, then RS started making patch panels, but, with the price (and practicality for some) of a 2 door car, a lot of 'family guys' have 2-3 kids and prefer a 4 door.

Also, my personal pref, is the XA / XB sedans look awesome in GS or GT livery.  As coupes become thinner on the ground, and in the panels LMAO, then more sedans will be bought...... just my thoughts.

I met Rod today, showed him My Gemini rust... will be getting some repairs done soon enough. i'll be doing some simple jobs myself but Rod is happy to tackle the complex areas

I saw this patch creation and the work involved in making it, lots of shapes in that bottom corner of the coupe door.

ask Mark (extreme karts) to bring an XH bar with him when you fix his stuff.. he has a spare bumper also.(unless sold)

actually, Marks ute is an XH, has that bar on it(with tow bar sticking out of it though)

Does anyone need this section?

4db9e7cfcea6693db9ed6d6f42cbdabf.jpgd4fc26250c9af5c9c4260b6b27ac8ab6.jpgc50f9e5958c8b39598cbd1c37d2457f1.jpg

It's the front corner of a left hand door. I assume it will work for xa,b,c sedan or coupe but I don't know if they're different. Templated from xb coupe door.