CHESTNUTXE

CLEVELAND MANIFOLD

I just took delivery of the cheap speedmaster single plane manifold and at first glance it looks pretty good,for $98 new im gunna take a gamble on it,also comes with intake gaskets,and looks pretty much like the weiand accelerator 2v,also has undrilled bosses in the runners to put NOZ or injection ???.i expect to clean it up inside with the dremel drill so i will sus it out.WP_20160707_13_44_10_Pro_zpsef1xymb2.jpg

It's basically Pro Comp. The runners being different lengths can't be good at high rpm. I've read some horror stories regarding the machining of heads and manifolds so double check the alignment when you fit it, also port matching as Hendix mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like i said it was so cheap its good to have something to play with,i also bought a set of 1-3/4 headers off them about 6 months ago for my clevo in the xe and noticed that the felpro 2v gaskets didnt match all that well,they do supply their own gaskets with the headers which i had to trim a bit to fit the 2v factory heads,i belive their gaskets are to suit their 3v stuff thats why they look bigger and the same with the headers,the flange looks like a D shape exhaust port like the ford 4v iron head,tomorrow i will put some more pic's of the inside of the runners but it looks quite alright,i will use this manifold with a larger hyd cam ,buy some y/t roller rockers,and will install in a few months.

doesn't look too bad...

tho I'd go a edlebrock performer, will be better every where.

you will lose a chunk of torque with a single plain manifold, a specially in a low reving combo.

With not much to do today i decided to pull the manifold out and port match it to the gasket,but i see a snag straight away with the intake bolts holes are slotted and not like the factory ones,so how true is the gasket going to be ? and how am i going to get it near perfect ? WP_20160807_10_36_02_Pro_zpsy5daqhak.jpg

i see yes the heads have been done before,but i didnt even think of that good one thom,so anyway i started on cleaning up the casting marks inside with 80 grit roll,and with 200 wet n dry by hand on the long end runners,no wonder these are so cheap so much crap came off just with a light clean.WP_20160807_11_08_57_Pro_zpsxl4gix7e.jpg