adrianphu123

EL thermo fans on XF radiator

I bolted the top as Sly did but I went a different way with the lower section.
20160104_175458_zpsmcjfvj7j.jpg

20160104_175513_zpsir5i9jit.jpg

My lower section is far from neat and tidy but it does the job and should keep the thermo's mounted nice and firm to the radiator.

I bolted to the top of radiator and pop riveted small angle brackets to the bottom of the shroud that sit in the bottom radiator clips.

Used a Davies Craig digital controller that turns the fans on at your pre determined temp. Is a twin controller so turns the second fan on around 10 seconds after the first fan to reduce load. Works really well.

The xf radiator is the same heights as the original xe radiator that was in my car, the xf radiator is much wider though and is required to mount the thermo's to. Both my original XE and the XF radiators were to suit 6 cylinder.

My setup is triggered by a Tridon thermatic switch which screws into the cylinder head. There are several different temp ranges available but my setup works perfectly with my heavily modified roller cam engine.

This is the thermatic switch I'm usingph-TFS202.jpg

The xf radiator is the same heights as the original xe radiator that was in my car, the xf radiator is much wider though and is required to mount the thermo's to. Both my original XE and the XF radiators were to suit 6 cylinder.

XE were also avaliable with the wider radiator, and some XFs had the narrow one too.

AC, EFI or tow pack meant the wider radiator was fitted.

I used a Thermo switch off a Diahatsu as it has a 3/8 thread to control the fans on high speed

c981f939c839e413ff1be89ceded2240.jpg

Sent from my SM-J100Y

im not a big fan of the gauge sender or fan switch in this location, i have had no water in the top hose many times in the last 20yrs or so with crossflows(headgasket leaks, welsh plugs, hose splits, leaky gas converters and water pumps and heater cores.. )

once the level of coolant drops they are not going to work properly unless you have a low coolant light(fairlane probably does though)