Server maintenance Read more... ×
SMIKXF / YEABRA

Fuel system set up ??

Hey guys I'm needing help on what fuel system set up to run on my XF now I'll hopefully have it home end of July !

I jus bought a pavtek 393ci 600hp so will need a surge tank wyc n have a good mate who happy to fab up a custom alloy fuel n surge tank but unsure where to put it n run lines etc

Any help or pics would be sickkkkkk

Cheers

I don't know about 600hp but Jarrods 408 that runs 10.2 131 plus it needed a tank cos it was loosing PSI from rear to front. Ran it with a Magnafuel 500 and return @ the pump and it was loosing 2.5 to 3 PSI by the time it got to the carb till he fitted a Carter lift and a kept the Magna fuel to feed the carb.

Normally I'd say B I G pump and a return reg in the bay but I couldn't say with any confidence you would be OK TBH.Mines OK like this in the ute cos of 2 reasons. Less distance to travel and 2nd the Webers only run 2.5PSI.  

have a look at where i ran mine - semi legal out of the boot ish - fuel tank >> lift pump (sits on rear diff mount) >> run line to surge in the passenger exhaust exit - plans are in my build thread i did make it a bit shorter though >> return line back to tank from surge >> surge to regular at the front >> return to front to surge >> so when the surge fills up it returns to the tank -- havent had an issue at yet (also put a drain plug on the bottom of the surge best thing i did )