Server maintenance Read more... ×
Ando81

Who can do a good wheel alignment "vic"

Hi all, I'm sick of spending good money on new tyres and having them scrub out after having a dodgy wheel alignment done. I thought my ute was wearing tyres due to some worn suspension parts but after replacing those and getting another alignment they still wear badly. Had the same issue on my wife's Impreza which is only 3 years old. I'm open to suggestions in Victoria of good alignment shops. Would greatly appreciate any help.

i only trust Pedders.. because they dont sell tyres

they do a check before doing the alignment, which i was horrified to find out bob jane didn't, and supposedly did a wheel alignment with a rooted ball joint on my car once.. tyres chewed out in weeks..
Bridgestone did one on a perfect suspension car, litterally chewed out 2 good tyres in 2 weeks(1000kms) with the response, oh its within spec, (after i had them check their own alignment again in case they left bolts loose)

Thanks mate, I should have added that most of the wear is the inside edges of both left and right hand tyres.

Sounds like camber wear.

A few places seem to not tighten our x series up properly. Camber bushes in the LCA are good?

Mark (XTREME Karts XF) could probably recommend somewhere.

I agree with Dean though, somewhere that doesn't sell tyres.

Thanks for the help lads, I spoke to a pedders store and they said they can get it right and will do another inspection in 20000kms so I might get it to them asap.

they've been pretty consistent at getting it right at various pedders workshops, i have had no issues from Geelong, Hoppers Crossing and Fern Tree Gully sites so far.

the NO BULL policy has been fine for Me so far, they've been happy to physically show me the rooted things and "worn" parts and usually say that part is worn, but good for so many kms and recheck etc.

Hi Ando81,

Had heap's of alignment problems with my wagon. The tyre place in our town finally got it sorted out but it took multiple trips back in there until they thought I was some sort of kook (debatable - but I've had my XC since 2002, do most of the mechanical work on it myself so we get to know it a bit after a while). Its got to feel right when you take it out.

Mine's lowered almost two inches at the front so camber plays a part in my tyre wear, but you'd think they could get the alignment right. Anyway, regarding your alignment, Cleavers have done a great job for my XC in my town and I believe they have quite a network, so maybe there's one near you.

Because of the cart tracks out to our farm - potholes, corrugations, washes we've got the lot so alignment was important. We use Cooper tyres on the 4be so one day I was speaking to the Cooper Head office and they recommended CLEAVERS in our area for tyre stuff - they handle the Cooper range there and when I went in they did a great job on the wagon. They also mentioned that they had their newly introduced road tyre called Mastercraft in stock. So next tyre change I tried a set and they were magic. My last set lasted around 80,000 k's and my alignment problems disappeared completely.  

For anyone listening, try a set - they'll transform your XC. Soft ride, nice steering, safe in the wet and sticky in the dry and they're so quiet on smooth bitumen 

In fact I just fitted another new set of Mastercraft Avenger LSR's to mine today and Cleavers did another great job with the front end and the XC feels good.

Ando81, if you've got a Cleavers in your area give them a try - for the sake of your alignment it may be worth travelling a kilometer or two to get to one if its in another town. They're pretty good.

Hope you get it sorted out, mate!