CHESTNUTXE

PURGE LINE FROM CANISTER

Hey does any one no where the purge line from the charcoal canister goes to ? i think it might go to the intake manifold tree to recycle gases ,but im not sure,can someone have a look at their set up and give info,cheer's.

Which particularly hose are you talking about on the canister?

Three at the top on factory canister are 1. PVC   2. Carburettor bowl     3. Fuel Tank

One at bottom of canister is thread bottom of firewall where there are holes to atmosphere.

I have a picture but cant post also shows vacuum valve between PVC and canister.

Hope it helps

What I posted is from a Ford XE v8. The actual ford manual details same thing. The canister is the same for both v8 and 6 cylinder. Other than that I am not sure about other models

Here is the picture,althou its a bit hard to see,on the left it says purge,and the far left i have blocked off (im not sure why ?) and the 3rd one is going to the tank.WP_20160610_11_09_55_Pro_zpspepax9im.jpg

Yeah that on on the left (very first one) are blocked off for 6 cylinder. On v8 it runs to the fuel bowl but that is a carter thermo quad.

As for the middle it runs from the pvc to a three way valve. One line to canister, one to PVC and one to PVS in water oulet.

Not sure how all works but pretty sure when engine runs the intake manifold drawing thru PVS acts as a vacuum thru canister to draw fumes from tank and fuel bowl and drawing air thru charcoal from atmosphere pipe to clean charcoal. When engine is shut off fumes are store in charcoal.