Server maintenance Read more... ×
dougie77

Load rating of ford alloys

Hey guys trying to find out the load rating for factory ford wheels in particular AU fairmont wheels can anyone help

Cortina for life

I would say it's the same rating as what the tyre placard states for the corresponding tyre on that rim size (ie you can't go shoving light commercial tyres on that rim to up the load rating)

I believe they are only a light load rating in comparison to the rims for the utes and Territories.

Im not sure if i am 100% correct but the figure of 750kg for standard alloys and 850kg for 104H rated terri and ute rims rings a bell.

Dont the xr utes have the same alloy wheels as the sedans? Arent the one tonne utes only fitted with steel rims?

I was under the impression that its the load rating of the tyres more so than the rims themselves that dictate load rating.

Dont the xr utes have the same alloy wheels as the sedans? Arent the one tonne utes only fitted with steel rims?

I was under the impression that its the load rating of the tyres more so than the rims themselves that dictate load rating.

There are/were tray back xr6 one tonners,they had 16" alloys factory.

There are/were tray back xr6 one tonners,they had 16" alloys factory.

Do you have a pic of these wheels mate