2redrovers

Custom bodywork and design ideas

Possibly.. I thought about trying the rear door from a ranger or something with the smaller back door. I'll look at what the rx8 style would do but I'm trying to avoid any custom glass if possible.

Yeah I get that, has a Tacoma / avalanche / Everest vibe goin on.

The scale is probably way out with what I'm Frankenstein-ing now, but you'd laugh if you saw how close the proportions and angles are between an ef and rx8

Three slight variations of the idea, difference is in the rear pillar and tub mostly.
d1c27b608c4687fce8901a6574c0bd53.jpge0e01645681c3426b09ee2921b092d91.jpg9242c5021c9b43acb5aa45a39897991d.jpg
I have no idea how close in dimensions the rx8 cab would be to the Ford but anything is possible in cyberspace.

i reckon with sedan quarters and tail lights fitted and a sedan C pillar cover width pillar it would look better

so, translated..

lower sides on the tub.

sedan taill light

sedan bumper with extensions..

rear door handle visible

i reckon with sedan quarters and tail lights fitted and a sedan C pillar cover width pillar it would look better
so, translated..
lower sides on the tub.
sedan taill light
sedan bumper with extensions..
rear door handle visible

Hmmmmmmmm.... Wouldn't that make it a sedan? Take the bootlid off and job done

That version is actually a ute to start with, adding probably a shortened sedan roof and modified rear door/seats etc. Hidden door handle because it opens suicide style like an extra cab would.

probably.. ..

remove sedan parcel shelf(might be more room in a ZJ fairlane so it has leaf springs for load carrying)

extend the rear quarters a bit more for added uteness..

i think you should get on with the job of tracing Gerry's coupe quarters, so you can graft them onto an XB ute for a proper Coupe Utility...

2 minutes ago, 2redrovers said:

Xb coupe ute...not quite sure if that would work the way you're thinking but I'll have a look. Is that something people would want though?

people want rust free falcons.. ...   

no idea if anyone wants to pay the price though..

same goes for a dual cab conversion i would bet.

Won't let me post any more pictures to show finished product. It would work on any vehicle,  and i only have basic hand tools and a mig welder. Time consuming,  but simple.

It's all bolt in. If you can see it in my tiny avatar picture, the front valance, side skirts and rear valance are all steel. Link to build thread.
http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?154963-Front-air-dam-and-full-steel-body-kit

Had a flip through your link there and looks like it came up nice, well done I liked the hint made about the wide body to go with it

I had a half thought again... Dangerous I know.. Came from the notion that a four door ute like the commodore thing would be useful at times but I just couldn't buy a crapadoor if my life depended on it. So, photochop to the distraction, I mean rescue...
39bf46c8b505b79f1e8633617037b312.jpgc8e954131290d9c74c9bf0924766d308.jpg
Lengthened the tray area by about 8-10 inches and raised the sides by I don't know, maybe 6 inches or so. It's sloped a bit so it's deeper near the front and down to the tail light. You can see it's a reverse light higher there.

... Dunno, I think I'd drive it, not sure exactly how useful the back would be but if I could carry a welding gas bottle without a trailer it would be worth it lol

See, not so crazy after all. The blue one isn't right though, too short and just looks like a cut wagon. Silver one looks pretty much the way I drew it. They didn't make the tray taller but looks like they grafted on a ute tail.

Ford should have made that concept. That's almost exactly what I had in mind when I thought "if I had money, I would replace the wagon with...." (long blank pause coming up with nothing newer that I'd actually own)

Edit: I had a closer look at the cars in the links, they're all good options but I had problems with the aesthetic of each in one way or another. The blue is closest to the mark because it has the details of a normal car, just needs a slightly longer tray.

The silver one is probably the right size but the ute graft LOOKS like a graft despite what the article suggested. I would keep the lines, bumpers and details of the original wagon I think. I don't like the way they did the rear window/ute join up. The bit that is up above the wagon roof, nope.

The concept has the desired dual cab silhouette. I like the suicide rear doors idea, don't like the front bumper treatment or particularly the raised clearance look. Or the colour